Help translating a letter from Italy

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
italian059
Master
Master

Help translating a letter from Italy

Post by italian059 »

A friend of mine sent out some letters to Italy in hopes of finding some of her family. She received a letter back and she is having a hard time translating. Would someone please translate this letter. There are two pages attached.
Thanks so much.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3408 ... ly0001.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9871 ... ly0002.jpg
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Help translating a letter from Italy

Post by PippoM »

Dearest Salvatrice, it's Carmelina. How are you? I hope you are fine; I received your letter of January and I wrote soon, but I stll have not received an answer; I hope you received mine, even if you could not answer.
Since I received your first letter, I love so much writing to you, I don't know why. I want to write and know you soon. I sent you pictures of my family, of me and Antonio, to show you who we are (by email ?), but maybe you've not seen them yet. Send us your pictures, so we will know you too. I show you Favara on postcards; one is the church where you were baptized, the "Matrice"; the others are views of the town. How long haven't you been to Favara? Haven't you been here since you went to America? Why didn't you look for us sooner?...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

...I say roots of your land can't be cut; did you miss Favara, even if you were so young when you left? Don't you remember it? I know the street where you lived when you were here, and the "Matrice" Church, and via Ragusa; when you come I will take you there. I can't send you some sweets from Favara, as I asked at the Post Office, and they said it takes a lot of time for you to receive a parcel from me, and the sweets would go uneatable. When you come to Favara, I will have you try all the sweets of Favara; do you like sweets? I hope so, I like them a lot...

PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

...now I don't want to bother you; I hope you answer soon; I'm waiting anxiously for your letter. Carmelina, Antonio, Angelo, Adriano, Kevin.
I hope to see you very soon; five more months and we will know each other.

italian059
Master
Master

Post by italian059 »

Thanks so much for the translation. My friend will be very pleased. I really appreciate it.
Gracie.