Tracking Down Roselina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tcrawford246
Rookie
Rookie

Tracking Down Roselina

Post by tcrawford246 »

I am tracing my Galluzzi(Galluzzo) ancestry and my second great-grandmother's name is Roselina (I have also seen it spelled Rosolina or Rose Lina. Her maiden name is Botta and she was born in Fuscaldo, Cosenza, Calabria in 1853. I have searched on FamilySearch.org and I could not find any record of her birth or marriage to Sabato Galluzzo. I did find her passenger record on EllisIsland.org and it says that before she left Italy she lived in Acerno. She had 7 children whose names are Antonio, Dominic, Raffaele (he stayed in Italy), Rocco, Carmela, Luigi (Louis- my great-grandfather), and Giovanni. She died in Brockway, Pennsylvania on November 22, 1928. Any information about her would be helpful because I barely have anything; I would like to find out who her parents were. Thanks everyone.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Tracking Down Roselina

Post by Italysearcher »

Instead of searching on Familysearch.org go to the LIBRARY catalog and do a place search. Then order the microfilms and view tham at your closet Family History centre.
Translations can be found on my website along with tips on searching the films (under Italian research).
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello,
Was there another Daughter called Concetta?
Was Carmela born around 1891?

If so, i believe they were from Cinquefrondi!

If not, from workings out, i believe the place they could have been from is Castel San Giorgio, Salerno, Campania. I found both Botta and Gallozzi, Galluzzi and Galluzzo from this Town!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
tcrawford246
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tcrawford246 »

jamiecapaldi,

This is great news! I have that Carmela was born about 1887. Were you able to find any information about Roselina's parents?
easf25

Post by easf25 »

Tcrawford,
I have some Galluzzi distant relatives in Brockway. I believe that my great-grandfather Samuel Galluzzi of Chicago, IL was related to Louis somehow. The names of Samuel's parents were Antonietta-Marie and Antonio Galluzzi. I was told they were from San Giorgio in the Salerno region. Perhaps the 'Castel' was left off. If so, I know that both Samuel and 'Uncle Louie' as my grandmother called him, both married Gregorio girls. I think that Louis may have been Samuel's uncle. Did this Louis marry Mary Gregorio? I know that Mary was born in Laurino and moved to the Pennsylvania as a small child. I don't know much about the Galluzzi line of the family and no one really does. I would like to learn more. This Roselina may be my great-great-great grandmother if the same Antonio in your list is my great-great grandfather.
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Palmarino Galluzzo (Galluzzi) born about 1823 in Castel San Giorgio (SA)
Father: Antonio
Mother: Maria Zambrano

Palmarino was married to Carmela Mazzariello and they had two children (Giovanni & Filomena) born in Castel San Giorgio before he and his family moved to Valle dell'Angelo (SA).

Carmelo Francesco, son of Palmarino & Carmela was born in the USA in 1888 but raised in Valle dell'Angelo (SA) until he emigrated to the USA in 1905.

I am looking for more information about Antonio Galluzzo (Galluzzi), Maria Zambrano and Carmela Mazzariello, all from Castel San Giorgio.
Tandem fit surculus arbor
tcrawford246
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tcrawford246 »

easf25,

My great-grandfather Louis did marry Mary Gregorio and Louis did have a brother Antonio. I have been in contact with a man who is Raffaele's great-grandson. He lives in England and he said that Antonio was the first of the family to travel to the United States and he called for the rest of the family to come over. It would be really great to get some information about Antonio! Do you know anything about Roselina? I have been searching a long time for records about her, but it's like there aren't any. Can't wait to hear from you!

Edmondo,

I don't really know if these people are part of my family. My great great-grandfather Sabato's parents were Antonio Galluzzo and Giovanna Zambrano both born in 1820. That is all the information I have.
tcrawford246
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Tracking Down Rosalina

Post by tcrawford246 »

After all this time, I am still trying to find out more information about my great great-grandmother Rosalina Botta. I have used Cosenza Archive website and familysearch.org; all the searches I have done on both sites with different spellings of her first name and last name have produced zero results. I am hoping that someone on here could help me out and find at least a birth record for her to find out who her parents were.

Here is her information:
Born: July 1852 in Fuscaldo, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy
Married: Sabato Galluzzo in 1877
Immigrated to the United States: either 1904 or 1905
Children: Antonio Galluzzo
Dominic Galluzzi
Rocco Galluzzi
Samuel Galluzzi
Raffaele Galluzzi (Stayed in Italy)
Carmina Galluzzo
Louis (Luigi) Galluzzi
Giovanni Galluzzi
**After immigrating to the United States their last name Galluzzo changed to Galluzzi that is why some have an o and some have an i at the end.

Thank you,
Thad