help with tracing relatives information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
walkerf1

help with tracing relatives information

Post by walkerf1 »

Hi my dad Peter Tambourine sadly passed away on March 15th in Liverpool he was the son of Peter Tambourine. His father came as an immigrant to Liverpool we are led to believe from Atina, i was led to believe the name had been changed from Tambourrini but unsure of the spelling . any help would be much appreciated including place of birth etc as i would love to visit Frances (Tambourine) Walker
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: help with tracing relatives information

Post by PippoM »

Italian White Pages (www.paginebianche.it) show the correct spelling of the surname in Atina is "Tamburrini".
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
edrig

Post by edrig »

Hi Frances,
my Great Granddad was Peter (Pietro) Tambourini,on the 1911 census he is living at 80 Gerrard Street, Liverpool, with 7 children your Grandad Peter was aged at 10 months, my Grandmother Hannah was yet to be born (December 1913). My own Mother Ann was born in Liverpool in 1946. Peter was born around 1868 and to my knowledge came from a village called Atina,Lazio, Italy.His parents were called Domencio and Rosa and they were married at the Church in Atina were Peter was also christened. Hope this confirms what you already thought, sorry I know little about the Italian ancestry. It is always nice to hear of a new relation! Kind Regards Paul
walkerf1

Post by walkerf1 »

Thankyou for replying Paul.
Do you have any further details regarding Pietro's parents full names and dates of birth. Do you know the name of the church they were married and Pietro christened? Do you have any idea of the date of their wedding? Do you know if Domencio and Rosa had any other children other than Pietro I think there is another son called Domencio? I have a family tree on "Find my Ancestors" site.
Regards Fran