Newbie Looking for Greatx3 Grandparents D'Amato and Ranallo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CDamato

Re: Newbie Looking for Greatx3 Grandparents D'Amato and Rana

Post by CDamato »

Hey...

How would you guys suggest finding the names of Gaetano's Parents, or Pasqualina's? Do I need to contact a person or place in Italy to find out that type of information? Thanks again
Crystal
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

CDamato wrote: I just had a woman call me from the Family Search Center by my house, and a cousin of hers did some digging into the Damato Family, and he believes my Family immigrated from Comune Vinchiaturo, that that is where they lived before immigrating from Naples to New York?
Crystal
The Family History Center has microfilm records for the civil records of Vinchiaturo from 1809-1910. I'd share what you've found out her with the woman at the center and ask her and her cousin what films you should order, and if they'd be willing to help. They seem to know their stuff.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
CDamato

Post by CDamato »

Biff and Suanj....

SO...I unfortuneately started with the wrong information..My Francesco was not the one who originally came over on the Columbia in 1888. I received a wonderful surprise when i went to the Family Search Center today! The woman who has been helping me, her cousin, actually made a book for me, starting with Gaetano's Parents, Francesco D'Amato and Marianna Ranallo. On 03-10-1883, when Gaetano was about 20yrs old, he married Pasqualina Garibaldi, who was born 05-17-1883, in Vinchiaturo, Italy. Francesco D'Amato was named after his Grandfather, Gaetano's Dad. Do either of you know of a website where I can find out if any Ranallo's or Garibaldi's are still living in Italy? THe Gentleman said there is one D'Amato still living in Vinchiaturo, he is in his 70's. I thank you both so very much for ALL of your help, and am sorry I gave you the wrong info!
Lots Of Thanks
Crystal Damato
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, it is no important that the first infos was wrong, in the 1900 census and more the infos are ok..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Crystal,

Try the following site (Italian white pages)

http://www.paginebianche.it/

In the "nome, cognome..." box type in the surname--D'Amato or Ranallo or Garibaldi
In the "localita..." box type in Vinchiaturo.
Then hit the "Trova" (Search) button.

That will give you the names, addresses and phone numbers for those folks living in Vinchiaturo.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"