Caltanissetta records on Ancestry.com

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ayla33

Caltanissetta records on Ancestry.com

Post by ayla33 »

Hello,

Does anyone know whether the Caltanisetta records on ancestry.com are full images of the LDS microfilms? I just tried to search my ancestor's birth records (from Riesi in Caltanissetta) and it says no matches even though I've ordered these from LDS in the past and know there are several of my ancestors birth records on those microfilms.

I would have to upgrade to browse but don't want to pay the extra money to find out that they won't be useful to me at all!

Thanks to anyone who could help!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Caltanissetta records on

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome :-)

If you can provide the details for your ancestor, one of the volunteers here with a subscription will check the Ancestry records...

According to Ancestry, this is what their database for Caltanisetta contains:

"This database contains births, marriages, marriage banns, deaths, allegati (enclosures or supplemental records), and citizenship records for comuni (towns) in the Sicilian province of Caltanissetta from 1866-1939. Please note, due to privacy laws of the Italian government, records that contain any information dated within the last 70 years cannot be displayed online. However, a copy or a certificate of the record can be requested from the local town hall. See samples of letters for requesting certificates in the learning center on this website."

T.
jayneruss

Re: Caltanissetta records on Ancestry.com

Post by jayneruss »

HI,
I am inerested in finding my father and grandparents documents who lived in Caltanisetta and sailed to America in 1912. Any suggestions on how to go about that?
Thanks
Jayne (I'm first generation Sician)