Di Cicco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
chico13

Di Cicco

Post by chico13 »

Hi from a new member!

I'm trying to trace my husband's family in Valleluce, Frosinone. I've obtained a marriage record of his grandfather/grandmother. However, when I try and find more info about his grandfather's parents, I have been told there is no record. I also tried church records but did not receive a reply. Any help would be appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Di Cicco

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome :-)

Marriages usually took place in the town of the bride.

Can you post the marriage record for us to see?

T.
fargone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fargone »

Hi chico13,
can you post the marriage record that you have got?
Have you got it from Valleluce's municipality?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Tessa78 wrote:Hello and welcome :-)

Marriages usually took place in the town of the bride.

Can you post the marriage record for us to see?

T.
Like T and Fargone say if you have the marriage act it should say where the parents were born and residing at the time of the wedding you can use the upload attachment on the edit function on your reply

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
dealem

Post by dealem »

Ciao

this is my first evening at this. If anyone woulkd take a minute and tell me the very first step in tracing my father's family back. His name was Rocco Nicolas DeCicco (although I have reasons to believe that his father spelled it DeCicco. I am told they werre from Naples. I've also been to Calabria. This ius going to fun. se qualcuno vorresti respondere in l'taliano, per favore. imparo il lingua.

Grazie
Patrick DiCicco
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Ciao Patrick, il primo passo che puoi fare, così possiamo aiutarti, è dirci l'anno di nascita di Rocco Nicola De Cicco/Di Cicco e dove viveva negli USA..
Hi Patrick, the first step that you can make, so we can help you, it is to say the birthyear of Rocco Nicola De Cicco/Di Cicco and where he lived in the USA..

(in Italy the surname have the space)
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
dealem

Post by dealem »

credo che l'anno di su nascita era june 1 1921 in Newark New Jersey.
su padre: Vito De Cicco o Di Cicco. I spell it Di Cicco per que lo ho visto una volta spelled cosi.
I spell my name Di Cicco because I saw it spelled like that on his mother's marraige license long ago,. His brothers spell it Di Cicco.
His birthday is definitely June 1 1920 - 1924 in Newark.

I am looking for his father or my relatives, I believe they are from Calabria. Vito Di Cicco or De Cicco. Is this the way this works? We help each other. Doi we ever actually find documented records? AND are just a helpful guy? or is this a service you provide?

I am going to try a little Italian here and there. se mi poi aiutare.

grazie mille
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, I found abt Vito De/Di Cicco senior:
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Vito Decicco
Name: Vito Decicco
City: Newark
County: Essex
State: New Jersey
Birth Date: 21 Aug 1879
Race: White
FHL Roll Number: 1712360
DraftBoard: 1

wife Rosa.. no birthplace, naturalized...

1920 United States Federal Census about Vito Dicicco
Name: Vito Dicicco
[45]
Birth Year: abt 1880
[abt 1875]
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Newark Ward 1, Essex, New Jersey
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1903
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Rosa Dicicco
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Home owned: Rent
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Vito Dicicco 40 ( full first name: Vito Antonio
[45]
Rosa Dicicco ( italian first name: Vita)
Zanaffona Dicicco 12 ( b. in Italy; italian first name: Serafina)
Joseph Dicicco 7
Pasquale Dicicco 4
Tony Dicicco 0
[7/12]

1909 second trip of Vito, naturalized, Vita wife and Serafina daughter ( final destination NY)

pag 1 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023

pag 2 http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023
no italian birthplace...
I cannot find more infos...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
chico13

Post by chico13 »

Thanks for your replies.

I only have extracts from L'officiale dello stato civile in Sant'Elia F.R. the extract of marriage only gives the groom and bride's names, date of marriage, place of marriage and place of birth. The groom was Di Cicco Fortunato and the bride Pacitti Maria. I have an extract of Di Cicco Fortunato's birth with the date and names of the parents (Di Cicco Antonio + Cuozzo Antonia) but when I tried to obtain their marriage details I was told no record was held. I'm trying to find other children too.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

I may have missed it but do you have the year they were married in SantElia FR. I may be able to help re the marriage document.
Emmy
chico13

Post by chico13 »

Thanks Emmy for your reply. The marriage date I have for Di Cicco Fortunato and Pacitti Maria is 15/02/1920 in SantElia FR. I am trying to find out more about Fortunato's parents and family as I only have his parents names from an extract of his birth. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

I have a number of films out on loan from the Family history Centre for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido but they only go up to 1899. It may be a few weeks before I get back to the F. H. C. but when I get back I'll have a search and see if I can find any marriage documents for Antonio DiCicco and Antonia Cuozzo. As has been said mostly the marriages were held in the village of the bride and registered there. Another way perhaps to find the date of the marriage is to find the (long version) of the birth act of Antonio DiCicco and it may have the information of his marriage noted on that. I'll have a look and see what I can find. As I have said it may take me a few weeks but I wont forget.
Emmy
chico13

Post by chico13 »

Hi Emmy!
You're very kind and thank you for your help. Fortunato Di Cicco was born in 1894 in Valleluce so from this his parents (Antonio and Cuozzo Antonia) would have been married around that time depending on if he was first born or had earlier siblings. Any info would be great as I cannot get any further at present.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Just bringing this up to the top as I'm hoping to get to the FHC tomorrow but not certain if I'll be able to get a place but I'll be in touch. just to let you know I havent forgotten. I'll send you a p.m. to let you know when I've posted any information.
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Sorry but the FHC was closed today so it will be next Tuesday hopefully I'll get na appointment
Emmy