Translation Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Biff83
Master
Master

Translation Help

Post by Biff83 »

I've been volunteering on Wednesday's for the past few weeks at the local library's genealogical section. Yesterday, a co-worker asked if I could help translate a document written in Italian from 1827. Thinking it was a vital record,I said yes and haven't been able to make much sense of it. I'd greatly appreciate if someone would translate this. Thanks in advance from my co-worker Laura and myself.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4547/lletter.png

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help

Post by liviomoreno »

Biff,
It's a letter, from the Papal Post Office in Pesaro, authorizing the Count Francesco Cassi to mail a number of books with a lower fare.

If you need a literal translation let me know.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Livio,

Yes, I would like a literal translation.

Thanks for your help.

Biff
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Hope it's understandable...

Department of Pontifical Post
Pesaro

To the very prominent Mr P? Colmo

The very excellent and very reverend Mr chamberlain cardinal deigned to assent to the petition of Mr Count Francesco Cassi of this town requesting to have Postal Tax decrease for the shipment that he is going to do to the Associates of his tranlation of Lucano (?) that he is publishing here in folio at the typographer Nobili. I was authorized by the General Supervisor of the Pontifical Post with letter #6795 of Feb 6 to receive the pamphlet of the above mentioned work, that will be stamped in this office with the tax of 2 baj, provided that the pages are about 11 for each pamphlet.
In order to avoid that your depertment raises any issue about the indicated decrease for the pamphlets of this work that you will received with the stamps, I urge myself to anticipate to your illustrious Lordship and in this acknowledgment I step forward with the honour to prostrate myself with the most distinguished esteem.

Pesaro 15 Feb 1857
very dedicated and obliged director
Signature (Can't read it)
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Livio,

Thanks very much for your help.

Biff