Translation Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Translation Help

Post by rancelli »

Thank you

Vincenzo Ciancone and Giuditta D'Alberto...Not married in Alanno ?

http://postimage.org/image/5cwu67uep/

I know the name looks like Ciamone, but that name cannot be found in today's Italy. So I looked up surnames for the town of Fontecchio, the name Ciancone does exist in that town.

I just need the brides name and her parents. Looks like Rachele ?

http://postimage.org/image/y8lzd4skd/

Giuseppe D'Alberto and Clementa ????? Not married in Alanno ?

http://postimage.org/image/gxrfqqsgt/

As always thank you for your help.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help

Post by Tessa78 »

First image...
This is a publication of banns to marry.
The bride was born in Alanno, but resides in Fontecchio, along with her parents. It would appear that the banns were also posted in Alanno, but no indication where the marriage took place (that I can see)- but probably in Fontecchio.

groom - Vincenzo Ciancone (name of the present mayor of Fontecchio :-) ), age 36, widower, son of deceased Luigi, peasant, and the living Domenica Mattucci, spinner
bride - Giuditta D'Alberto, weaver, age 19, born in Alanno, residing in Fontecchio, daughter of Antonio, railway clerk, and Maria Giuseppe di Michele, weaver.

Second image...
Bride is Rachele, father is Raffaele and mother is Angela Cesarone.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Third image...

Bride's name LOOKS LIKE - Testasecche :? (I've seen Testasecca :D )

Her place of birth and residence is listed as "Castel San Pietro"

But which one? :shock:

Castel San Pietro, comune of Camino - province: Alessandria - region: Piedmont
Castel San Pietro, comune of Palmiano - province: Ascoli Piceno - region: Marche
Castel San Pietro, comune of Poggio Mirteto - province: Rieti - region: Lazio
Castel San Pietro, comune of San Severino Marche - province: Macerata - region: Marche
Castel San Pietro Romano, comune of Castel San Pietro Romano - province: Roma - region: Lazio
Castel San Pietro Terme, comune of Castel San Pietro Terme - province: Bologna - region: Emilia Romagna

T.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

Thanks Tess...I think I see Castel San Pietro del Emilia towards the beginning of the record. SO I have an ex mayor in my tree ? I shouldn't have any problems with getting Civil Records ! Lol
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Yes, the request for publications comes from the municipality of Castel San Pietro dell'Emilia, whose name now is Castel San Pietro Terme, where the marriage will be celebrated being the residence of the bride..
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

Thank you :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rancelli wrote:Thanks Tess...I think I see Castel San Pietro del Emilia towards the beginning of the record. SO I have an ex mayor in my tree ? I shouldn't have any problems with getting Civil Records ! Lol
Not necessarily :-)
The PRESENT Mayor of Fontecchio is Sabrina Ciancone :-)

T.