Help translating Great-Grandfather's Birth Certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DD60449

Help translating Great-Grandfather's Birth Certificate

Post by DD60449 »

Hello,
I need some help translating my great-grandfather's birth certificate. I can translate the typed parts myself using google translate, but I am having trouble reading the handwritten parts. Any help will be appreciated.

I have attached the scanned record below, my great-grandfather is Nicola Maria Tardugno (the third record on the page). I would also love to know what is written in the margins. Thanks!
Attachments
Nicola Maria Tardugno Birth Record
Nicola Maria Tardugno Birth Record
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help translating Great-Grandfather's Birth Certificate

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website
The year 1876, the day 21st of August 9:05 am in the Town Hall . In my presence Gaetano Giampietro mayor of the comune of Marsicovetere, it is appeared Francesco Tardugno age 46, farmer domicile in Marsicovetere, that it declare to me, that in the hours 8:20 pm of the 20th day of August in the house on via Gribaldi street number 1, from Rosa Ranaguono wife (no age given) farmer with the inhabitant, it is born a baby of male sex that is presented to us and that it declare of to give to this baby the first name of Nicola Maria. The presentation and the declaration above mentioned it is made in the presence of Giovanni Briglio age 40 farmer and of Nicolo Barile age 40 farmer resident said comuneWe formed the current document and it was read to the witnesses the mayor signed the act the witnesses could not write so they didnt sign the record

Side note says Feb 25 1900 marriage of Nicolo Maria Tardugno and Maria Filomena Anciello recorded on the May 4 1900 in Potenza

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
DD60449

Post by DD60449 »

Thank you so much Marty!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

From ancestry.com Potenza > Marsicovetere > Atti di Matrimonio > 1900
Feb 25 1900 Marriage record of Nicolo Maria Tardugno age 23 son of Francesco and Rosa Ranaguono and Maria Filomena Anciello age 16 daughter of Angelo Anciello and Rosa Campiglia

click for record click to enlarge

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:From ancestry.com Potenza > Marsicovetere > Atti di Matrimonio > 1900
Feb 25 1900 Marriage record of Nicolo Maria Tardugno age 23 son of Francesco and Rosa Ramagnano and Maria Filomena Anciello age 16 daughter of Angelo Anciello and Rosa Campestre

click for record click to enlarge

Marty
DD60449

Post by DD60449 »

Wow, amazing that their marriage certificate exists, thank you so much for posting this!
DonnaFuller

Post by DonnaFuller »

Hello,

I see that you already got help in translating the marriage certificate. I am writing to you because Maria Filomena Anciello is my great grandmother's sister. I do have more information on the Anciello line that I would love to share with you (or who knows, maybe I've already talked to you.) Go ahead and email me at d7fullers@earthlink.net .

thanks,
Donna