My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JoshFM
Rookie
Rookie

My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate

Post by JoshFM »

Hello,
I created a spreadsheet to keep track of the needed documents, apostilles, time frames, and costs. Perhaps this can help others just starting the process, or provide some insights for the curious. I had to obtain several more documents than those on the list of requirements because of various reasons that might be obvious by looking at the spreadsheet. I still need to add passport copies and place-of-residence documentation. My appointment is on May 16 in Chicago. My line is GGF>GF>M.

I tried to attach a PDF version to this post but there is something wrong with the site, resulting in error messages. Let me know if you would like to see the document, and I'll email it to you. My biggest issue right now is determining if I should make the last-minute effort to track down my grandparent's divorce records. I really hadn't considered it as essential until reading some recent posts on this and another forum. They divorced when my mother was 12 and my grandfather never remarried. What do you think? It lists his marital status as "Divorced" on his death certificate.
digatta

Re: My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate

Post by digatta »

josh if you still have those docs i wouldn't mind having them
thx
JoshFM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JoshFM »

Yes, I'd be happy to. Send me your email address and I will send it to you within the next few days. I'm currently away from office.
digatta

Post by digatta »

josh check your inbox!