Handwritten Letter help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
nicolefazio
Rookie
Rookie

Handwritten Letter help

Post by nicolefazio »

I am wondering if someone could help me translate a handwritten letter, or any part of it. Thank you :)

upload pictures

picture hosting
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Handwritten Letter help

Post by PippoM »

First page.
Hope you undertand my translation. Feel free to ask any question.

Grumo, October 26th, 1975
Dear sister, after a long time, I’m writing to you again, to tell you we are all fine, and we hope you and your children are, too.
Well, dear sister, Rosetta told me that you asked why I had not written; here in Italy unfortunately I have a lot of work, and a lot of things to do and (can’t understand)that’s why I can’t write; we received your news from Rosetta, then Rosetta told me she needed a birth certificate, I got it and it’s here. Also, I send you best greetings for your past birthday October 7th; 73 years, and always keep a good health, this is what is important.
Dear sister, let me know: is the pain in your shoulder over after going to the seaside? Are your children all fine? Did Gioi (Joy, I suppose)get married?, And will Maiche go to meet you at Christmas from California, or odes he have a girlfriend, so he won’t go?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Maybe next year I’ll have a walk there, and if I go, I’ll do with some daughter and son-in-law; I will do what you don’t do as now we can live (I think he means “we have more work and money”), so we have to go.
My children are all fine, and give you their greetings, all, one by one, to you and your children; keep in a good health, and greetings from my wife, too, who is like you and doesn’t want to go.
And finally, I give my own greetings to you and your children, and to Mai and Gioi most of all; keep in a good health and get my kisses; I’m always your brother
Nicola D’Amato
And maybe in May 1976 we’ll meet again; I wish you well. Ciao ciao
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
nicolefazio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nicolefazio »

Thank you ,Thank you, Thank you! I am so happy , I understand your translation :)