Bucciarelli and Salvio from Musellaro

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
moonwatr

Bucciarelli and Salvio from Musellaro

Post by moonwatr »

I am seeking info on my dads parents. My grandmother was Palmina Salvio and my grandfather was Antonio Bucciarelli. Grandfather came to US about 1900 or so and Gmother and dad came over in 1903. Ship records show my dads name as Nicola, but his early US census shows his name as Aldrigio?! We knew him as Alfred. Also the spelling for my dad and his sisters became Bucharelli and they all lived in Mass. Any help is appreciated. (I believe Palminas father's name was Elia but not sure) Also Palmina had a sister named Antonia who married a man named Cerritelli
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Bucciarelli and Salvio from Musellaro

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to the forum-
The following may be your grandfather Antonio. He was going to a brother Gaetano in Conn.

First Name: Antonio
Last Name: Bucciarelli
Ethnicity: Italiano
Last Place of Residence: Musellaro
Date of Arrival: Jun 13, 1898
Age at Arrival: 34y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Burgundia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0017
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

First Name: Antonio
Last Name: Buccinelli
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Museliaro
Date of Arrival: Aug 12, 1899
Age at Arrival: 32 y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Victoria
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0025

This one is definitely him. It looks like he was going to a brother in law named Antonio (last name looks like Savo on the passenger list, but it may be a misspelling of Salvio
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Actually the age on the first passenger list seems more consistent with the age on the census record.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

on the second passenger list, the brother in law was in New Haven Ct
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There are microfilmed state civil records for the town of Musellaro, but they only go to 1865.

Registri dello stato civile di Musellaro (Pescara), 1809-1865 (from the library catalog at www.familysearch.org

You may find a birth record for Antonio, if he was born about 1864 and that would give you the names of his parents.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Matrimoni, morti, notificazioni, diversi, processetti 1861 Nati, matrimoni, morti, notificazioni, diversi, processetti 1862-1865 FHL INTL Film #

This is the particular roll of microfilm that would have births for 1862-1865.

You would have to rent this from a local family history center at a Latter Day Saints church.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Since Palmina was quite a bit younger than Antonio according to the 1910 census record that I am looking at, her birth record would not be on microfilm.
moonwatr

Post by moonwatr »

These are very interesting. Thank you so much. On my dad and gmothers ship records, my g father was in Ct. :)
moonwatr

Post by moonwatr »

Hello again! I believe my grandfathers ship manifest record to be the record dated 1899, for the reasons that is the date my dad always used as his birth year, (even though his ship manifest shows that he was older than that) and also census records here in the states show him as arriving in 1899. I have found my grandfathers death record in the Mass. Town Records an it shows his father's name as Croce Bucciarelli. Yea, progress! :D
ktracano

Post by ktracano »

While researching my ancestry, I came across your post on Bucciarelli and Salvio from Musellaro. My grandmother came from Musellaro. Her name on her passport when she returned to the US in 1910 was Giustina (Genstina - on ship manifest) Bucci. However, we believe that her last name was shortened from Bucciarelli. She came to the US in the early 1900's with my grandfather Camillo Tracanna. Their first child, Antonio Tracanna (Antonia Iracanna - on 1910 ship manifest), was born in the US in 1903. At some point she returned to Italy and came back to the US in 1910 which is the only time I find her listed on any ship manifests since women traveling with husbands were not always listed. On the ship manifest, her name was just below Pasquale Marinelli and Federico Marinelli both from Musellaro and a Nicola Natarelli from S Valentino, Chieti. I am thinking maybe Natarelli was a misspelling of Marinelli. Could this be your dad? I am also wondering if your grandfather Antonio could be a brother of my grandmother. I know very little about my grandparents since they both died before I was born. Good luck in your search.