Dual Citizenship document questions

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ktpoloni
Rookie
Rookie

Dual Citizenship document questions

Post by ktpoloni »

Okay so my family and I are trying to receive dual citizenship through my paternal Great Grandpa. I just had a few questions about the documents that we needed to get.

GGrandpa: Antonio Angelo Poloni born in Italy
GGrandma: Mary Ida Citerio born in US Feb 15, 1902 in Sunnyside, Utah. In Utah, they only have vital records from 1905, and I am having a hard time trying to find out any records of her birth. Will this make it so I will not be able to gain dual citizenship if I do not have her record of birth? I can find their marriage, and her death record.

They had my, Grandpa Arcangelo Poloni he married my Grandmother, Olive Vondella Knight and they had my Father. My Grandpa died 10 years after they were married and she remarried later. So her death record shows a different name. Will this also effect getting dual citizenship? I have heard different things.

If I have everything for the direct line from Italy, do I need all the birth certificates, etc for who they were married to?? Thanks for your help!
mler
Master
Master

Re: Dual Citizenship document questions

Post by mler »

The non-citizenship line is not critical to your success, but you should try to get as many of those documents as you can. Your grandmother's name on the death certificate is no problem. To cover all your bases, get her second marriage certificate; that will show why her name was changed.
ktpoloni
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Dual Citizenship document questions

Post by ktpoloni »

For the birth certificate problem. They were unable to find a delayed birth certificate for her, and they church cannot find a baptism record as well. I only have her death certificate. Is there any other way to show her birth? Or will the paper saying no record found be enough. :S