Some confusion - surname Magro or la magro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Some confusion - surname Magro or la magro

Post by lilbees »

Well, now have birth records with the spelling of the surname of the mother listed as Magro, Magri and la Magro.

This family is located in Lercara Friddi outside of Palermo. Somewhat confused.

I have been going through films for any records I can find for this family but with very little luck.

Any suggestions?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Some confusion - surname Magro or la magro

Post by Italysearcher »

Look for her death or marriage record, maybe she is not from that town.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Some confusion - surname Magro or la magro

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Ann. I am sure she is not from there. Now back to the center to find their marriage record. (if they were married there) Since her birth is about 1838 I should be able to find a death record at least. Will have to see.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa