Looking for my Ancestors :)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Looking for my Ancestors :)

Post by brujaojos »

Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be nice to post who my ancestors are and where they were from and maybe, like some of you, I might find relatives. Remember, I was adopted, so this is why I have so many branches in my family and this doesn't included my non-Italian side.

If you are related, contact me, I have tons of information to share.
hugs
Trish

My families are as follows:

The Testa, Damiani, and Piccoli families were from Isernia.
The Quaresima family from Capua.
The DeCurtis was from Civitanova del Sannio.
The DeStefano, Vecchiarelli, DeFrancesco, and Cifelli families from
Castelpetroso.

The DiIorio, DiSipio, Paolucci, Mascitelli, Michelli, D'Angelo, and Cirotti families from Rapino.
The Presenza, Neri, Palidoro, and DiPaolo families from Torino di Sangro.
The Tartaglia, DeAngelis, DeRe, Tesone, Saraceni families from Pollutri.

Tedesco, Tropiano, DeFrancesco, and Spano families from Santa Caterina dello Ionio.
Varano, Coroniti, LaCroce, Mirarchi, Procopio, and Pupo families from Isca Sullo Ionio.
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
elenuccia

Re: Looking for my Ancestors :)

Post by elenuccia »

Trish,
Do you happen to have anything about Antonia di Stefano( born around 1795), the first wife of Nicola Vacca (1790)and mother of Michelangelo Vacca, born May 6, 1824? They resided in Castlapetroso, but I can´t find any other connection to Antonia di Stefano.
Thanks loads. :P
robertjohnj

Post by robertjohnj »

Hi Trish,
My 4th GGF Federico Cifelli died in Sant’Angelo in Grotte in 1798. He was born about 1746. His parents were Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino. I’ve traced Federico’s descendents in Sant’Angelo in Grotte, then to Spinete (2nd GGF Costanzo Cifelli), then São Paulo, Brazil and finally Newark, NJ (GGF Felice Cifelli). As you can see, my Cifelli’s liked to travel. Well, I have not been able to find any information about Federico’s parents. No death records (from processetti) and no record of any other children. This leads me to think that Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino might have been from a different comune……Perhaps Castelpetroso, and Federico “traveledâ€Â
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

elenuccia wrote:Trish,
Do you happen to have anything about Antonia di Stefano( born around 1795), the first wife of Nicola Vacca (1790)and mother of Michelangelo Vacca, born May 6, 1824? They resided in Castlapetroso, but I can´t find any other connection to Antonia di Stefano.
Thanks loads. :P
Hi there,

I'll have to get back to you on the DiStefano. I'll keep you posted. However, my g-grandfather was Pasquale DeStefano (diStefano) and his father was Emilio DeStefano (distefano).

Pasquale came to the USA and married Teresina Vecchiarelli. They lived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

[quote="robertjohnj"]Hi Trish,
My 4th GGF Federico Cifelli died in Sant’Angelo in Grotte in 1798. He was born about 1746. His parents were Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino. I’ve traced Federico’s descendents in Sant’Angelo in Grotte, then to Spinete (2nd GGF Costanzo Cifelli), then São Paulo, Brazil and finally Newark, NJ (GGF Felice Cifelli). As you can see, my Cifelli’s liked to travel. Well, I have not been able to find any information about Federico’s parents. No death records (from processetti) and no record of any other children. This leads me to think that Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino might have been from a different comune……Perhaps Castelpetroso, and Federico “traveledâ€Â
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
robertjohnj

Post by robertjohnj »

Thanks......I do have an Alessandro Cifelli in my database born @ 1879. However, he was born in Sant'Angelo in Grotte and his father was Giacinto.

Any references to Martino Cifelli & Serafina Cicchino (early 1700's) or to possible children of theirs would only show up in extracts of parish records included in marriage processetti of their descendants.

Thanks again
Bob
june1946

Post by june1946 »

There are many Destafano's in Massachusetts

Sandi Ruscetta

Massachusetts
elenuccia

Post by elenuccia »

Hi "distant cousin" Trish!
As far as I know, all Vecchiarelli´s of Castelpetroso descend from Cristinziano (d 1831, at age 83)/b], a shoemaker born in Agnone, son of Angiolo (b 1702/03), also a shoemaker, & Cecilia Pallotto (b 1704/05), both residents of Agnone. [/b Maria Antonia Vecchiarelli (b 1803/04 -d 1881),a daughter of Cristinziano is my gg grandmother. Other ancestors of mine are: Giovanna de Francesco (born about 1740), Antonia di Stefano (born about 1794), & Antonia Cifelli.( birth date still uncertain, but in the first half of the 1700´s. Maybe we have more family connectons than just the Vecchiarelli´s!
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

elenuccia wrote:Hi "distant cousin" Trish!
As far as I know, all Vecchiarelli´s of Castelpetroso descend from Cristinziano (d 1831, at age 83)/b], a shoemaker born in Agnone, son of Angiolo (b 1702/03), also a shoemaker, & Cecilia Pallotto (b 1704/05), both residents of Agnone. [/b Maria Antonia Vecchiarelli (b 1803/04 -d 1881),a daughter of Cristinziano is my gg grandmother. Other ancestors of mine are: Giovanna de Francesco (born about 1740), Antonia di Stefano (born about 1794), & Antonia Cifelli.( birth date still uncertain, but in the first half of the 1700´s. Maybe we have more family connectons than just the Vecchiarelli´s!

Hi,

I have to apologize! With the holiday just passing by and having work done to my home, I'm not able to get to all my records to try to verify things with you.

Please be patient with me for a bit. Here's some information just off the top of my head.

Pasquale DeStefano (1879-1915), father is Emilio DeStefano/DiStefano

Teresina Vecchiarelli (1885-1967), parents are Nicolantonio Vecchiarelli and Giovanna DeFrancesco.

Pasquale and Teresina are my great-grandparents.

The story goes, Assuanta Vecchiarelli (Teresina's sister) married Alessandro Cifelli in Norristown, PA. Assuanta dies in 1914. Pasquale DeStefano dies in March 1915. By August 1915, Teresina Vecchiarelli marries her brother-in-law, Alessandro Cifelli. It's confusing keeping it straight as to whose child goes with what parents.lol

As to the ancestors, I have to get back to you once I can get to my computer and my information.

You can always email me directly at brujaojos@yahoo.com.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
whitehorse777

Post by whitehorse777 »

My Tedesco family came from Palermo. so I dont know for sure
Best wishes,
Charles
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

whitehorse777 wrote:My Tedesco family came from Palermo. so I dont know for sure
Best wishes,
Charles
Hi Charles,

My Tedesco come from Santa Caterina della Ionio in Catanzaro, Calabria. So I guess we aren't related, but thanks for looking at my post.

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
john_dominic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by john_dominic »

No relationship.

BTW, are you open to posting threads like this for each of us?

I'd like to get more connections, myself.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

john_dominic wrote:No relationship.

BTW, are you open to posting threads like this for each of us?

I'd like to get more connections, myself.
Hi John,

Start a new post and list your family. I know I've made connection by doing it.

I wish you luck.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
Gidget6880

Post by Gidget6880 »

Hi,

I have a relative that immigrated from Isca Sullo Ionio named Catherine Gidaro (maiden name Procopio). I don't have very much information on her, except for what my dad has told me and what I found on her death certificate. She was born 1 Sep 1892 (1893 SS Death Index), married Dominic Gidaro, and lived in Mt Carmel, Pennsylvania. She also died on 28 Apr 1982. If you have any information that could help me it I would truly appreciate it, because I have very little information on the italian side of my family.

Thanks,
Lisa
Gidget6880

Post by Gidget6880 »

Trying to delete a duplicate. Sorry :oops: