Immigration Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
smithpa1
Rookie
Rookie

Immigration Records

Post by smithpa1 »

I have not been able to find any immigration records for the following relatives.

John Babtista Di Maggio, B 3/2/1863, D 5/27/1945 and married 2/27/1892 in Louisiana. They immigrated from Piana degli Albanesi. One year later John's wife immigrated with 3 children. Her name was Anna Muscarello Di Maggio. If anyone can help me find immigration records, I would really appreciate it.

Also looking for immigration records for Concetta Schifani DiBenedetto. B 12/1/1867, D 1/12/1940, M 10/1/89, they also lived in Louisiana. She lived in Chiusa Sclafani, Sicily.

Thanks in advance,
Paula Smith
john_dominic
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Immigration Records

Post by john_dominic »

smithpa1 wrote:I have not been able to find any immigration records for the following relatives.

John Babtista Di Maggio, B 3/2/1863, D 5/27/1945 and married 2/27/1892 in Louisiana. They immigrated from Piana degli Albanesi. One year later John's wife immigrated with 3 children. Her name was Anna Muscarello Di Maggio. If anyone can help me find immigration records, I would really appreciate it.

Also looking for immigration records for Concetta Schifani DiBenedetto. B 12/1/1867, D 1/12/1940, M 10/1/89, they also lived in Louisiana. She lived in Chiusa Sclafani, Sicily.

Thanks in advance,
Paula Smith
I wish I could help, but at least I can say we're likely related.

My DiMaggios come from the Piana Degli Albanesi / Santa Cristina Gela area, too. :)

BTW, why do you want the passenger manifest so much, when you already have the birthdates and city of origin?

That's really all you need to take it further back.

-J
john_dominic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by john_dominic »

smithpa1 wrote: John Babtista Di Maggio, B 3/2/1863, D 5/27/1945 and married 2/27/1892 in Louisiana. They immigrated from Piana degli Albanesi.
For a comparison, I have in my family:

Pietro Di Maggio B 7/16/1883, D 8/16/1962 and married 9/23/1917 in Illinois. He immigrated from Santa Cristina Gela, although his record is noted in Piana degli Albanesi in the document, also.

Likely his father, Pietro Di Maggio (also) and mother, Maddalena Cucciarré, being a generation up, is either a brother or cousin to your John Babtista Di Maggio.

-J
smithpa1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smithpa1 »

Sorry to here that you can't find any immigration records, but I appreciate you looking. I looked a good deal myself.

The DiMaggio family is my stepfathers family, and he has records way back. I'll have to get him to look for your relatives. This is always an interesting web site, I appreciate your help.

My stepfather is Leonardo DiBenedetto, the DiMaggio's are on his mother's side. He may want to email you, if he finds out you're a relative.

Thanks again for your input,
Paula Allatto Smith