Corleto Perticara records before 1800

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cyokeeffe

Corleto Perticara records before 1800

Post by cyokeeffe »

I am researching my family in Corleto Perticara (Lacava, Lambroia, Toce, Viggiano, diGrovole and Ierardi). I have the marriages and births after 1809 (thanks to the LDS films), but can't find any records older than that. Do older records exist? Where can I find them?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Corleto Perticara records before 1800

Post by Italysearcher »

At the parish church. Very few parish records have been microfilmed.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paolo47 »

I am researching my family in Corleto Perticara (Lacava, Lambroia, Toce, Viggiano, diGrovole and Ierardi).
Hello :D
My maternal grandmother was born in Corleto. I have several family trees with some of the family surnames you are researching. Please visit my site and click on the Priore,Toce,Casolaro,Sagaria,Calabrese names from Corleto.

Thank you,
Paul
http://www.paulflo.com/genealogy.html
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
cyokeeffe

Post by cyokeeffe »

Italysearcher - Thanks for the info. It's good to know that older records exist.

Paolo47 - It seems we probably are related somehow! In my research, I found some records for Carlo Viggiano and Caterina Priore:
They had a son Vincenzo Filippo Lonardo in 1811, son Domenico Maria Lonardo in 1814, daughter Maria Battista in 1816, and daughter Angela Maria Giuseppa Lonarda in 1819. (I'm sure there are other children as well.) Based on the birth records, Carlo Viggiano was born around 1770. I expect my family tree matches up with yours somewhere, but I haven't gone back far enough to know where. My Viggiano line is Pietro (b. abt. 1766) m. Rosa diGrovole, their son Donato Antonio (b. abt. 1791) m. Maria Caterina Toce, their son Pietro m. Anna Maria Caterina Lacava. Maria Caterina Toce (b. 1799) was the daughter of Francesco Antonio Toce (b. 1771) and Giulia Ierardi (b. 1774). If you have any further information on them, I would love to know!
Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paolo47 »

It seems we probably are related somehow! In my research, I found some records for Carlo Viggiano and Caterina Priore
Caterina Priore is my 3rd Great-Great Aunt. She was the daughter of Giuseppe Priore
and Isabella Montano. I have her marriage to Carlo Viggiano abt 1795.
Since the branches of this tree were spreading out, I did not have the time to research Carlo Viggiano, so I don't have his children.
I also have all the film from Corleto. I spent several hours on the early records since they were so hard to see and read. I have been fortunate to get help from several Corleto researchers and they are noted as the source of the information or translations they provided. If it is possible and you want to, would you send me your family trees,
I would like to look at them. My email is at the bottom of the first page of my web site. I don't want to copy any of your research, but maybe we can share more information.
Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
jmtc77

Post by jmtc77 »

Hi I have reserched the records in Corleto Perticara in the past and the parish has records back to the 1600's, even if they are not always complete. Some records were damaged during WWII, but in general they are researchable.
The priest would not help much with the research (he admitted he does not read the records too well), but he allows researchers to view them.
Good luck!