Dangoia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Dangoia

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

Thanks Andy! Do you have any idea who Vincenzo's parents were? I'm trying to determine if he was my great grandfather's brother or uncle.

Thanks again, and it's nice to "meet" you!

Tiffany
Searching for the following surnames: Dangoia, Gioia, Laurenzana, Pignanelli, Olivito, Falbo, Colosimo, Rizzo, Montano.
Andy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Andy »

I'm sorry I don't know. Generally in Italy the first son was named
after the husbands father. Since Vincenzo's first son was Pasquale if either of them had a first son named Pasquale it might indicate the relationship.
Also I didn't mention in my last post that Pasqule's sister Rose married my
my mother's brother.
Andy
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

It seems like a lot of the italian families were intertwined like that, with brothers and sisters from one family marrying brothers and sisters from another one. Do you know if Pasquale's family stayed in the Chicago area? Also, what was Rose's married name? Did she and her family stay in Chicago? Please tell all of your Dangoia cousins "hi" for me!

Tiffany
Searching for the following surnames: Dangoia, Gioia, Laurenzana, Pignanelli, Olivito, Falbo, Colosimo, Rizzo, Montano.
Andy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Andy »

Pasquale's 2 boys are in Missouri and his daughter is in California.
Rose's married name was Lamparelli. She had three daughters and
two have passed on, the remaining one lives in Fla.
We see Pasquale's oldest son at least 2-3 times a year. The younger at least once a year. We have a family reunion in June.
Do you live on the East coast? Once on line I came across an organization of people from Cirigliano in New Jersey.
If you do find a connection between the two families let me know, my cousins would be interested.
I'll tell them you said hello.

Andy
dsthompson

Post by dsthompson »

My mother's maiden name was Dongory, originally spelled Dangoia. My grandfather's name was Rocco. I know that his mother's name was Antoinette. They lived in Chicago Heights, which is a south suburb of Chicago. I would be happy to find out more for you, but I know that you posted this a long time ago so I don't know if you are still checking it. Please respond and I will get you more information. I am also interested to learn more. Thanks!

Dianna
dsthompson

Post by dsthompson »

Andy, we are probably related, then. My mother is Beverly Dongory, of South Chicago Heights, daughter of Rocco Dongory, who is the son of Antoinette Dangoia.
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

Hi Dianna! I think we may be related. My great grandparents were Giuseppe Dangoia and Maddalena Laurenzana. Giuseppe was the son of Angelo D'Angoia and Giulia Pascubcca (I'm spelling it wrong, I'm sure). Maddalena was the daughter of Maurizio Laurenzana and Filomena Montano. I believe your great grandparents were Vincenzo Dangoia and Antonia Laurenzana, who settled in the Chicago area. I am trying to determine how (if) Giuseppe and Vincenzo are related, as well as Maddalena and Antonia. Do you happen to know Vincenzo or Antonia's parents' names?
dsthompson

Post by dsthompson »

Tiffany, after I sent you that message, I realized that "Antoinette" must be Antonia. I will ask my mother if she knows any of that information, or knows who might. Unfortunately, my grandfather, Rocco, died when I was only 7. I do know he was the youngest of several children, and I believe that Theresa and Carmina were his sisters. I will find out everything I can from my mom and get back to you.
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

Thanks Dianna! In addition to Theresa and Carmina, my research suggests that Pasquale, Rosina and Lucia were also siblings of Rocco. I'm excited to hear what your mom has to say!
dsthompson

Post by dsthompson »

I know there was definitely Aunt Lucy and Aunt Rosie, so I'm sure that's Rosina and Lucia. Pasquale would be Uncle Pat. These were my mom's aunts and uncle. I know that Antonia, my great-grandmother, was really mean and used to chase the kids around with a broom. She adored my grandpa, Rocco. He was the baby and her favorite. I'll see what sort of information my mom has about everyone. Unfortunately, she isn't real interested in this sort of thing, but I'll see what I can get out of her.
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

Sounds good! I can't wait to hear! And LOL about Antonia chasing the kids with a broom. I have one in my family that used to throw shoes at the kids. I've always said that the NFL should draft old Italian women as quarterbacks. If they are half as accurate and hard with a football as they are with a shoe, they'd be unstoppable!
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

Not sure why the forum changed shoe to SPAM.
dsthompson

Post by dsthompson »

Tiffany, I am really sorry to tell you that my mother doesn't have any answers for you. I actually have told her a lot more than she knew. She didn't know her grandfather's name was Vincenzo, or that her grandmother's maiden name was Laurenzana, or even where in Italy they came from. I found the ship manifest from when Vincenzo and Antonia and the two girls arrived from Italy. You may already have it, but here's the link: http://www.ellisisland.org/search/viewT ... 5223030307. I will let you know if I find out anything else. Thanks!
dsthompson

Post by dsthompson »

I just found Vincenzo's death certificate. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NQ3P-BVW. His parents were Pasquale Dangoia and Maria Carmine Marina.
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

Thanks Dianna!