what these documents are?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
say
Rookie
Rookie

what these documents are?

Post by say »

I am coming across documents in the diverse records of Nusco and am not sure what they are. It appears one is a birth record, but I see no childs name listed? The other I am not certain. Can someone please help. I have tried several times to attach these to this post, but am not able to. Please -mail me at say5@earthlink.net if you are willing to help and I will send you an e-mail attachment with them. Thanks to all of you!
Sherry
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: what these documents are?

Post by mfjp »

Sent you a private message...

Can link them here at this site for you.

maria
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Here you go...

http://img89.echo.cx/img89/2918/scan00010nd.jpg

and

http://img28.echo.cx/img28/4251/scan00020yp.jpg

though, they look small... I will try to repost with a larger version..

mfjp

back soon.
say
Rookie
Rookie

Post by say »

Thank you very much. I am not sure if these are large enough to read, and if I need to send them to you again as a larger file, let me know.
Sherry
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

http://img206.echo.cx/img206/7348/scan00017eb.jpg

Yes... please do resend!

the "scan 2 file" even harder to view...

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Ok... got em... 2nd batch should be up shortly, and they look great.

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Ok... got em... 2nd batch should be up shortly, and they look great.

mfjp

part one

http://img240.echo.cx/img240/5630/newima16mc.jpg

part two..

http://img240.echo.cx/img240/7392/sher27ao.jpg

Hey "Say"... your eyes aren't playing tricks on you... (part two image) I repositioned to copy... just moved it up a bit...

mfjp

If anyone is having problems viewing these please let me know... can adjust...

now to read them...
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
part one it is a birth record.
On June 30th, 1850 in the comune of Nusco, district of Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi,to the mayor Cirillo di Paolo there are the nurse (who helped for the birth at home) Maria Natale, 57 years old, and Domenico Gianattasio, 40 years old, they show and declare the birth of a baby girl, who was born dead at 6.00 am of the same day. Parents are Domenico delle Gatti e Teresa Tassa (?).
The mayor understand and see that the baby girl is dead and writes this records in two registers.
The declarants are not able to write, so they can't sign the declaration

part two is a birth record too.
On May 28th, 1827, at 9.00 pm, in the comune of Nusco, in the presence of the mayor here there are a doctor (unreadable name) 64 years old, and a pharmacist (ureadable name), they show a baby boy death who was born the same day at 4 pm mother Rosa (unreadable last name), father unknown, the baby was found on the street near the Castle.
After we can see that the baby boy is without life, the mayor writes this record in two registers.
The declarants signs the records.

I hope it helps, bye Ricbru
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi are two different documents, about two births of infant borns and dieds same day of birth; an female infant from just parents, and the second, an male infant from mother but unknown father, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
say
Rookie
Rookie

Post by say »

Thank you all again. Your help is invaluable....
Sherry
ressa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ressa »

say wrote:Thank you all again. Your help is invaluable....
Sherry
INVALUBLE WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN
dell'ustione dell'ustione dell'ustione
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ressa wrote:
say wrote:Thank you all again. Your help is invaluable....
Sherry
INVALUBLE WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN
something is lost in the translation here I suspect. It means that the assistance is VERY MUCH valued. So much so it is beyond having a value.
say
Rookie
Rookie

Post by say »

James,
Thank you for explaining this, I feel horrible to think it may have been interpreted in a bad way. I did not even think about what meaning this could have given to someone who is not from America. I hope you all of you understand how greatful your help has been in my research. I certainly could not have gotten where I am without it. I firmly believe that God has placed those with the ability, knowledge, and desire to help in my path, and am greatful to Him for this.
Sherry
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

mfjp wrote: part one

http://img240.echo.cx/img240/5630/newima16mc.jpg

part two..

http://img240.echo.cx/img240/7392/sher27ao.jpg

Hey "Say"... your eyes aren't playing tricks on you... (part two image) I repositioned to copy... just moved it up a bit...

mfjp
Hi There,

This is what the actual documents state.

I hope it helps,
Trish

Document #1

Number of Order 10

In the year one thousand eight hundred fifty, of day thirty of the month of June, at the hour of twelve, before me, Ciricco DiPaolo, Mayor and the Official of Vital Records of the town of Nusco, District of Sant’Angelo Lombardi, Province of Principato, and appeared, Maria Natale, of the late Amato, midwife, of age fifty-seven, and Domenico Giannattasio, wool carder, of age 40, who has introduced a baby (girl) and has declared that the same was born without life on the same as stated above day, month, and year, at the hour of six of the night,

And of Domenico DelleGatti, of Guiseppe, and of Teresa Tassa, married in Nusco, residing on Road of the Santo ???? of this town

The present act, that we have created as necessary for the newborn/stillborn, and was written above as two copies, read to the informants residents of Nusco, and on the day, month and year above, signed by us, but not by the informants who have stated that they do not know how to write.

Document #2

Number of Order 2

In the year one thousand eight hundred twenty-seven, of the day 28, of the month of May, at the hour of twenty-one, before me, Nicola Sant’Agata, Mayor and the Official of Vital Records of the town of Nusco, District of Sant’Angelo Lombardi, Province of Principato, and appeared D. Antonio Verderosa, of age sixty-four, of profession physician, residing in Nusco, and Don Francesco ??????, of age sixty-eight, of profession pharmacist, residing in Nusco, and has presented a baby, sex of male, born without life, and had declared that the same was born on day twenty-eight, of the month of May, at the hour sixteen, of Rosa Tassa, of the late Nicola, and father unknown, residing on the Road
???? Castello

The present act, that we have created as necessary for the newborn/stillborn, and was written above as two copies, read to the informants, and on the day, month and year above, signed by us, and by the informants.
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
say
Rookie
Rookie

Post by say »

Thank you for taking the time to translate these. I am hoping with this inforamtion I will not have any trouble, or a least very little, with the other diverse records. If so, I know who to ask! Thank you again for your kindness and willingness to help.
Sherry