CAVALLIERI FROM PISA, Tuscany.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
IMAT775

CAVALLIERI FROM PISA, Tuscany.

Post by IMAT775 »

Seeking any information on the CAVALLERI could also be spelled CAVALERI as a surname from PISA. Looking for anything that would tie this family to this place in the years 1820-1840 or before. I am looking for the family of Don Victor Cavaleri and his wife Dona Miria Binon as they had at least one son who immigrated to Santa Barbara, CA. USA. In or about the years 1835-36-37-38 his name is Don Francisco Cavalleri. I do have a lot of information on him after he arrived in the USA. But trying to find my roots in Italy, hope someone out there can help me........
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: CAVALLIERI FROM PISA, Tuscany.

Post by suanj »

Hi I found this record on a public genealogic tree on ancestry.com:
Jose Francisco Cavalleri
Birth ABT 1814 in Porto Maurizio, Imperia, Liguria, Italy
Death AFT 1879 in Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara Co., CA
It is your ancestor?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
IMAT775

Post by IMAT775 »

Suanj, It looks like someone else has put the wrong info on that site. I am only thinking that there is a Piazza Cavalieri in Pisa and I believe the surname was spelled Cavalieri not Cavalleri and I am trying to find a connection with this family there. I have hit a real brick wall with this one, but maybe someday I'll get it all straighten out. Thank you for your help
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the Knights Place in Pisa meaning no that was related to Cavalieri family( Cavalieri=Knights) ...
The place of Knights in Pisa have this name because was the quarter of Saint Stephen Knighthood Order in the 1500s..

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_dei_Cavalieri

More: Binon is no a popular italian surname... just 3 person on the italian directory, and all in Imperia area... Binon is a surname of France...

so I am a bit positive that the right surname spelling of Francesco was Cavalleri (also present in Imperia area)...
but obviously you can have a better idea abt the birthplace of your ancestor...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
DCavalliere

Post by DCavalliere »

Any recent information on Jose Francesco Cavalleri would be Greatly appreciated and how everyone came to the conclusion that his mothers name was Binon ??

Thanks,
Daren Cavalliere (Cavalleri)