Palermo, Palermo Chapels

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Palermo, Palermo Chapels

Post by 1vinnie »

I am trying to find out the names and location of the Catholic Churches that existed around 1800 in downtown palermo, Palermo. I have found a list of scanned church records on familysearch.org but I am not sure where they would they would have been located. There appear to be 7 or 8. Does anyone know where on a map they would be? Approximately?

Thanks Vince Pavone
Researching Pavone, Naimo in Palermo, Palermo
vj
Master
Master

Re: Palermo, Palermo Chapels

Post by vj »

If you use this website it will give you the addresses of abt 126 churches currently in Palermo (PA)...
Perhaps you can sort them out using the records you've found
http://www.parrocchie.it/qlist.php?cerc ... occhie&id=
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Vinnie did you ever find out what sezione (section) of Palermo your family was from? It would cut down on the search area.
click for map
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... e/m/qc.png

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 1vinnie »

From early records I see many of the records list Molo, Santa Cristina and Zisa. Anyone know where Zisa and Molo were?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

They are more seziones of Palermo heres a link
http://www.ustica.org/genealogy/palermo.htm

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
MoonlightSkywriter

Post by MoonlightSkywriter »

there is santa Agata, santa Lucia, Santa Alphio, santa Antonio, Vince are you the Pavone that is looking for your family in Palermo, from the latter day saints info building in largo, fl? If so then They have all the records there.
1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 1vinnie »

What records do they have? I know they have a few death and birth films from Palermo, but I am searching for pre1820 stuff now. Do I know you moonlightskywriter or do you visit the largo FHC?
MoonlightSkywriter

Post by MoonlightSkywriter »

there are many churchs.... santa lucia, santa agata, santa domenico, santa rosalia... what you looking for? Moon
1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 1vinnie »

I don't know. I am looking for whatever church was closest to the Molo neighborhood before 1820.