Egizii family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NTT

Egizii family

Post by NTT »

Hello, I am searching the roots of my husband's Italian family.
I'm interested in the part of the family that emigrated to Canada.
His father, Tonis Egizii (from Abruzzo, Caramanico)came in a vessel to Halifax, I believe, on April 20, 1953, and relocated to Toronto, Canada. He married Pasquarosa Alberico (from Abruzzo, San Vittorino)
I'm trying to find information about that ship where he came.
I think was the "Homeland".
I would like to find the passenger list, to confirm that or another information related with this.
Also, I would like to know the origin of this surname EGIZII, not very common.
Thank you for your time.
NTT
vj
Master
Master

Re: Egizii family

Post by vj »

Welcome to the Forum!

Can't find ship arrivals for Halifax after 1935 online

Library Archives Canada
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/022/ ... 003-e.html

Halifax (Nova Scotia), 1881-1935
---

It may have to do with privacy laws?

Found on the Canadian Pier 21 site:
The Museum does not have access to immigration records, manifest or passenger lists for persons arriving after 1935 under the Privacy Act of Canada. We will not be able to advise you on which ship or date someone arrived if they entered Canada after 1935.
LMMA

Post by LMMA »

Hello, I was looking up my maternal grandmother’s surname Egizii and saw your post. She lived in Caramanico and had a brother Salvatore whose son was Tonino. We know Tonino emigrated to Canada so he may be your husband’s ‘Tonis’. Tonino has siblings named Lisetta, Gianni and Maria who also died in Canada. My mother in Australia is Tonino’s first cousin. Well not sure if we are related but worth a post!
LMMA

Post by LMMA »

Hello. My maternal grandmother from Caramanico was an Egizii. Her brother Salvatore had a son Tonino who emigrated to Canada with other siblings Maria, Lisetta and Gianni. My mother in Australia is Tonino’s first cousin. Wondering if your Tonis was Tonino?