Gandolfo Antista Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Gandolfo Antista Birth Record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

I found my husband's grandfather, Gandolfo Antista's birth record. I would appreciate it if someone could translate it for me. I believe the date should be September ?, 1877. Also, if it lists an address that would be great. Thank you.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :798988410

Italianbella
Sue Antista :D
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Gandolfo Antista Birth Record

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi, Sue! :-)

Record #213
Dated 18 September 1877 at 10 AM at the town hall.
Appearing before the official was Cosmano(sp?) Antista, age 34, shepherd residing in Polizzi, to declare that at 11 Am on the 17th of the current month at the place in Via Gagliardo (no #), to Giuseppa Armano, his wife living with him, was born a male child whom he presented and to whom was given the name Galdolfo...
Witnesses to the recording of this act: Giuseppe Difiore, 50, peasant farmer; and Vincenzo Potestio, age 60, coal seller.

T.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: Gandolfo Antista Birth Record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you Tessa
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA