Processetti Information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JOHN08
Master
Master

Processetti Information

Post by JOHN08 »

I understand that the notificazioni, marriage banns, are usually published a few weeeks to a couple of months before the wedding.

What is the time-frame for the processetti, marriage documents, in relation to the wedding? How many months after the completion of the processetti does the marriage usually take place?

I have located a number of marriage records for my ancestors, but I have not found the processetti for those marriage records.

Thanks for any help.

John
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Processetti Information

Post by adelfio »

A lot of times in the processeti and allegati they are in no order for the year your looking at so its a search through every page. The allegati I have found have been with much searching but have been well worth it. Sometimes with 10 pages of records of the family and sometimes just the only the marriage record and 2 birth records
On the marriage record it will usually say The groom and bride have produced there birth records and if the parents were deceased it would say they also showed the death records of the same.
Most of the allegati cover pages only had the index number and year not a date

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Processetti Information

Post by Italysearcher »

The processetti were not sent to the State Archives for every year. Sometimes they were kept in the town office and sometimes not kept at all. If they remained in the town they were not microfilmed by the LDS:
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.