Visaggio Lorenzo Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Visaggio Lorenzo Birth Record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :630709129

Hi Everyone: I found my a birth record that I believe is the brother of my paternal grandfather. From what I can read, Lorenzo Visaggio was born Feb. 24, 1902 in Molfetta to Andrea Visaggio and Maria Introna. If there is an address or any other information (occupation or how hold Andrea or Maria were, that would be helpful.

Again, I thank in advance for your assistance.

Sue Antista
Italianbella
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Visaggio Lorenzo Birth Record

Post by erudita74 »

the birth took place on the 23rd at 4 a.m. in the house at 33 Via Sant'Alfonso. The father was age 40. No age is given for the mother who was living with him. The father was a sailor. The infant was stillborn-senza vita (without life)
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you, Erudita74. I am getting better at reading the records in Italian, but I didn't know he was stillborn. Thank you for the information.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Happy to help. Keep practicing. You're off to a good start.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you! This has become my hobby. I get so excited when I find a family member. I am very grateful to this site for all the help and friendships I have gained. Everytime I find something I learned a little bit more! Thanks again!

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

My research started out as a hobby too, but now it's an obsession. The more you discover, the more you want to know. Enjoy yourself.