Giordano Vincenzo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jimmyjoe

Giordano Vincenzo

Post by jimmyjoe »

Does anyone have any information on Vincenzo Giordano . He is my Great Grandfather who came to Chicago, Illinois. He adopted a son whose name was Emilio Giordano and later his name was changed to Milo Jordan.

Below is a translation of his birth certificate.
City of Cosenza,Calabria

Copy of birth certificate of last name Lorenzelli, First name Emiglio Number 30

The year of 1895 2nd day of May at the hour nine oclock and fifteen minutes in the city of Cosenza( Calabria) In front of me, Last name Corigliano, First name Francesco, Secretary in Charge. On the date of January 3rd 1895 having the task of officer for the city of Cosenza in charge of birth and death certificates; has appeared before me Last name Cicognini, first name Annunciata, daughter of (Dead), Carlo Cicognini, of the age of 43 years old.Midwife in this city. Residing in the square of ST. Giovanni, which has come to declare to me that at 6 oclock in the afternoon on the 1st. of this month in the house located at Via CamposantoViecchio born to a woman who does not want to be mentioned by name was born a male child whom she shows me and gives the name Last name Lorenzelli. first name Emiglio. The declaration and presentation of said child was done in front of witnesses first name Salvatore of the (dead ) Francesco, being 60 years of age and as occupation is a financier and first name Fava last name Gregorio of the( dead) Domenico, who is 46 years of age and as occupation works as a cab driver. Both reside in Cosenza. The said Child is ordered by me to be sent to an Orphanage in this city who was bought to our attention by the Midwife Cicognini, to whom I have given copy of this certficate of birth for presentation to the orphanage home. The present certificate has been read to the following witnesses and to the midwife and to me the undersigned because the witnesses are illerterate and cannot read or write.
vj
Master
Master

Re: Giordano Vincenzo

Post by vj »

jimmyjoe wrote:Does anyone have any information on Vincenzo Giordano . He is my Great Grandfather who came to Chicago, Illinois.
He adopted a son whose name was Emilio Giordano and later his name was changed to Milo Jordan...
Welcome to the Forum!
We would be happy to see what we can do to help.
Are you looking for your great grandfather's US records or help with finding his Italian records, or both?
Thank you, Valarie
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

for everyone's reference, is this the correct 1920 census?
http://imageshack.us/a/img22/5140/1920x.jpg

Home in 1920:
3142 Fulton St
Chicago Ward 14, Cook, Illinois

head Milo Jordan 24, abt 1896 IT
- immig 1913, 1st papers 1915
- plumber
wife Mary Jordan 23, abt 1897 IT
son James Jordan 2/12, abt 1920 Chgo, IL

father James Jordan 50, abt 1870 IT
mother Mary Jordan 53, abt 1867 IT
sister Angeline Jordan 23, abt 1897 Chgo, IL
- candy factory
sister Julia Jordan 15, abt 1905 (Will?) Ohio
- candy factory
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Vincenzo Giordano was born in Castrolibero (Cosenza province); the wife was Maria Francesca Cosentino; she, and daughters Carmela and Angelina and the adopted son Emilio Lorenzelli travelled in 1903 :
First Name: Emilio
Last Name: Lorenzelli
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Castrolibero
Date of Arrival: Dec 22, 1903
Age at Arrival: 8y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Hohenzollern
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0023

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023

her husband Vincenzo Giordano arrived in USA in 1900; naturalization:
Record Details for Volume 45

Page Number: 182
Declaration Number: 20982

FIRST NAME LAST NAME OCCUPATION
VINCENZO GIORDANO LABORER

BIRTH CITY BIRTH COUNTRY BIRTH DATE
CASTROLIBERO ITALY 3/30/1871 ( wrong he was born on 30 Mar 1868)

CURRENT ADDRESS CURRENT CITY
818 S. DESPLAINES ST. CHICAGO

DEPARTURE LOCATION ARRIVAL DATE DECLARATION DATE
NAPLES, ITALY 4/12/1900 1/13/1911

Vincenzo Giordano was born in Castrolibero on 30 Mar 1868 son of Gaetano Giordano and Carmela Calabrese ( by Cosenza Archive):
Codice SIAS IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Liste di Leva della classe 1868.Registro numero 92,
atto numero - di pagina 166 sezione -
Vincenzo Giordano, iscritto il --/--/----
nato il 30/03/1868 a CASTROLIBERO
da Gaetano Giordano e da Carmela Calabrese

regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

suanj :D
Great records!
Big Hug
Valarie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Big you to you !!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jimmyjoe

Post by jimmyjoe »

Do you know anything about Emilio Lorezelli? He was brought over to America in 1903 by the Vincenzo Giordano Family. I am trying to find out the birth parents of Emiglio Lorenzelli who is my Grandfather. He was born in Cozena to a women who would not give her name or the fathers name on the birth certificate. I am assuming the fathers name was Lorenzelli. He was born in a house located at Via Camposanto Viecchio. According to the birth certificate he was sent to an orphanage. According to the Ellis Island Passenger list, Vincenzo Giordano from Cozena came over in 1905 and Emiglio came over in 1903. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you have know of any relatives in Chicago still living who trace the blood line?
jimmyjoe

Post by jimmyjoe »

Milo Jordan was a master plumbmer (my Grandfather). His birth name is Emiglio Lorenzelli, born in Cozena Italy, I think. He married Mary Conte and my dad (deceased) was James Jordan. I am trying to find records of Emiglio from Italy. I believe after birth he was sent to an orphanize.
jimmyjoe

Post by jimmyjoe »

Carmela and Angelina Giordano. Does anyone have any information on them when they came to Chicago Illinois in the early 1900's.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

jimmyjoe wrote:Carmela and Angelina Giordano. Does anyone have any information on them when they came to Chicago Illinois in the early 1900's.
Check the Ellis Island ship manifest link in suanj's post above as well as other importanty info she posted.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thanks Biff!
suanj

Visit my website: