1818 Birth Record-Pasquala Perrotta

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1818 Birth Record-Pasquala Perrotta

Post by Haztek »

Record #28
At 2 PM on day 3 of March 1818, before Michele Buonanni, Mayor of the Comune of Cervinara, Province of Principato Ultra, appeared Luca Perrotta, age 28, professon of (falegname) carpenter, living in the aforesaid Comune, Casale Ferrari, was born at hour 24 (midnight) to his legimate wife Teresa Barbo, age 24, a female child named Pasquala.
Witnesses: Francesco D' Orsi, age 21, profession of (benestante) rich person, living in (come sopra) as above, & Mallio De Agostino, age 43, profession of (benestante) rich person, living in (come sopra) as above.

Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/qzvgzbwbj/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1818 Birth Record-Pasquala Perrotta

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
I believe the first name of one witness is Mattia not Mallio-Mattia is for Matthew

You also have baptism information along the side of the document-baptized by the parish priest on March 4, 1818.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thank you erudita74.
jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're welcome, Jerry. BTW, I never did get a reply to that email that I sent to Raccuja about the marriage of Antonino Munforti and Carmela Mollica.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

It does not surprise me. If the Comune could look up both of their death records, wouldn't that have their place of birth on it? Thanks for trying.
jerry
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Haztek wrote:It does not surprise me. If the Comune could look up both of their death records, wouldn't that have their place of birth on it? Thanks for trying.
jerry
Jerry
I emailed Raccuja to try to get their exact marriage date, and place of marriage, because we could estimate the year of their marriage from their children's birth records. My experience has been that a town will often do a search, if you can offer a brief range of years. If you can't narrow it down at all, the office clerks, or officials, won't even make the effort.
Erudita