Document related to Francesco Facella

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Document related to Francesco Facella

Post by lilbees »

Can someone translate this for me?

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... llapg4.jpg

Thank you
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Document related to Francesco Facella

Post by liviomoreno »

The pic is too small to easily read the handwriting. It is a Baptism certificate.
On Jan 13 185x the priest Mario Fiorentino certifies that the Baptism book register contains the record stating: "the year 184x Nov. 14, Giovanna Stefania xxxxx daughter of Mariano and of Caterina XXXX, born the day 6, was baptized by D. Giuseppe Fiorentino..."
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:The pic is too small to easily read the handwriting. It is a Baptism certificate.
On Jan 13 185x the priest Mario Fiorentino certifies that the Baptism book register contains the record stating: "the year 184x Nov. 14, Giovanna Stefania xxxxx daughter of Mariano and of Caterina XXXX, born the day 6, was baptized by D. Giuseppe Fiorentino..."
I think the year may be 1848 (I see the word octavo). Also before the word "filia" for daughter, I see it says "et Cocchiara." Cocchiara is a surname, I believe. I can't make out the mother's surname.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Francesco Facella's bride is Giovanna Sperlazza from Caltabellotta. I believe this is her baptismal certificate which was included in the allegati for their marriage. Could Mariano Cocchiara and Catherine ?? be the godparents? The Cocchiara name can be found in Caltabellotta area.

Thank you for your help Livio and Erudita. I can post another document to clarify the information if that will help.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:Francesco Facella's bride is Giovanna Sperlazza from Caltabellotta. I believe this is her baptismal certificate which was included in the allegati for their marriage. Could Mariano Cocchiara and Catherine ?? be the godparents? The Cocchiara name can be found in Caltabellotta area.

Thank you for your help Livio and Erudita. I can post another document to clarify the information if that will help.

lilbees

The document definitely reads "Joanna Sperlazza (second letter looks like an "f" though and not a "p") et Cocchiara filia Mariano et Catherina (can't make out her surname)." The word "filia" means daughter.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Let me see if I can find another record relating to her birth. will be back.

lilbees