please be aware - scammer on this site [RESOLVED]

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
browgirl

please be aware - scammer on this site [RESOLVED]

Post by browgirl »

THIS EMAIL WAS SENT TO MY PRIVATE MESSAGE IT FROM A PERSON I DO NOT EVEN KNOW

francambia@yahoo.com
I really thank you for responding to my little invitation for friendship. Hope you are well and having fun.
My name is Franca Mbia, I am from Ivory Coast in West Africa and i am presently residing in a refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the Civil War that was fought in my country some time ago, I was born on, 1st March 1988 (twenty-four (24) years of age), single, never married, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weight 55 kg, black hair and brown eyes. I love singing, watching television. I also love sharing ideas with people.
I lost my parents during this deadly Political war that killed thousands of innocent souls in Ivory Coast. My family was among the first target, because my late father was a successful businessman and also a politician who was an active supporter of the Government at that time.
Because of the war, all my family members were murdered in cold blood. I was lucky and escaped death because I was living in school hostel when this incident happened. I am the only one alive as I made my way to a neighboring country called Senegal with the help of United Nations officials.
There is something that has been bothering me and I kept it for myself for long, because I'm afraid to tell anyone to avoid betrayals and someone taking advantage of me. But if you promise me you'll be with me as a friend, then I will open to you.
I Want to know more about you, your likes and dislikes, your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I'll tell you more about myself in my next email. Attached to this email is my picture, may God guide and protect you. I'll be waiting for your reply. Take care.

Yours Truly,
Franca
francambia@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments Preview:Upload all photos to Facebook
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: please be aware - scammer on this site

Post by PippoM »

This is a typical spamming.
I hope you did not open the attached file!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
browgirl

Post by browgirl »

no i did not
themerlin

Post by themerlin »

"she" (he? it?) sent me a private message in a really broken English, giving me her e-mail because she want to talk to me.
according the message I got from this site I have a message from "francababy", but the name in the message was different.
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

It looks like there have been 5 users who have sent this kind of messages from an African IP address. There is no link or attachment with the messages, only an email address to contact.

The accounts have been deleted from the forum including the private messages they have sent.

Please let me know if you experience any more problems so we can resolve this problem as soon as possible.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.
Tandem fit surculus arbor
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thanks for taking care of this so quickly Edmondo - I contacted you as soon as I saw all the reports this morning/last night. :)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Edmondo
I had notified you about one of the scammers who sent me a private message, but now I see my private message option is gone.

Erudita74
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

I have temporarily disabled the private message function board wide. It will be back as soon as possible.

In the meantime I am working on a solution for this issue.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks, Edmondo.
gianfrancopiero

Post by gianfrancopiero »

I got a similar message from someone registered with this email giftmbia83@yahoo.com.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thanks for the feedback. Edmondo is currently working on banning the offending IP addresses of known spammers. The more info the better unless he requests otherwise.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

This issue has been resolved and the Private Message function is active again.

Unfortunately some members have received an email to let them know a new Private Message has arrived. In the case this was a SPAM message they will NOT find the new message.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.
AnnaMV0801

Re: please be aware - scammer on this site [RESOLVED]

Post by AnnaMV0801 »

Thank you for taking care of the issue so quickly. :)
"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~George Eliot
browgirl

Re: please be aware - scammer on this site [RESOLVED]

Post by browgirl »

thankyou for fixing the issue so quickly these sort of people ruin things for everybody try to trace relatives once thankyou