bruno family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lag031
Rookie
Rookie

bruno family

Post by lag031 »

I need help, just found my fathers mother and father were born in sicily. can someone help me as to where they were born? my mother seems to think the town is (sounds like) talamina? Their names were john(giovanni) bruno born in 1889, i dont have a month or day. fathers name was frank mothers name was maria. my grandmothers name was Lilla(Ingegneri) born 1896 no month or day. fathers name was candeloro ingegneri and mothers name was rose donato, on both death records town born in just states italy. I would also like to find john brunos mothers maiden name if at all possible on the death record it was not stated. also when they arrived here would be helpfull, thanks for all you do. your all great! lillian
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: bruno family

Post by mfjp »

Taormina, Sicily? Termini... ?

mfjp
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I need help, just found my fathers mother and father were born in sicily. can someone help me as to where they were born? my mother seems to think the town is (sounds like) talamina?
as mfjp saying is probable Taormina similar; with Talamina soundex not exist nobody town in Sicily

Their names were john(giovanni) bruno born in 1889, i dont have a month or day. fathers name was frank mothers name was maria.
For better understand was Giovanni BRUNO born in Italy in 1889, son of Francesco and Maria; just?

my grandmothers name was Lilla(Ingegneri) born 1896 no month or day. fathers name was candeloro ingegneri and mothers name was rose donato, on both death records town born in just states italy.
This Lilla most probable was married to Giovanni BRUNO; Lilla INGEGNERI was born in 1896, daughter of Candeloro( in Italy Candeloro is especially an surname; you sure that the first name is Candeloro?) INGEGNERI and Rosa DONATO.....hoping just so...

I would also like to find john brunos mothers maiden name if at all possible on the death record it was not stated. also when they arrived here would be helpfull, thanks for all you do. your all great! lillian

well lillian: and the first destination of your ancestors, you know the town? where they live and died? the Ingegneri family most probable coming from Taormina, but, about Bruno people is most diffused in all Sicily....
bye suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
lag031
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lag031 »

suamj, giovanni bruno was born in italy, in 1889. lilla was married to giovanni, when i dont know, on their death certificates it stated lillas father name as candeloro ingeneri and rose donato. both john and lilla both died in the usa, massachusetts, either brighton or east boston, giovanni died on december 23, 1957. lilla died on november 17,1968 thanks for your help lillian
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

lag031 wrote:suamj, giovanni bruno was born in italy, in 1889. lilla was married to giovanni, when i dont know, on their death certificates it stated lillas father name as candeloro ingeneri and rose donato. both john and lilla both died in the usa, massachusetts, either brighton or east boston, giovanni died on december 23, 1957. lilla died on november 17,1968 thanks for your help lillian
Hi Lillian,

First I want to say that the name Candeloro can be a First Name. I am doing research now for the town of Palombaro and there are tons of people with the First Name of Candeloro.

Second, on Ellis Island I found a Giovanni Ingenieri coming to the USA from Taormina, Messina, Sicily, Italy.

First Name: Giovanni
Last Name: Ingenieri
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: New York, USA
Date of Arrival: May 13, 1924
Age at Arrival: 40y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Patria
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0002

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0710%2ETIF

Now the Family History Center has microfilm for the town of Taormina. Microfilm costs about $3.50 a roll depending on your location. Here is the link for the film numbers.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

I hope this is a possible lead.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Yes Trish, as already saying : "in Italy Candeloro is especially an surname", "especially" meaning not only....in fact is also an very very rare first name... about Candeloro INGEGNERI we hope of to find!

regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

suanj wrote:Yes Trish, as already saying : "in Italy Candeloro is especially an surname", "especially" meaning not only....in fact is also an very very rare first name... about Candeloro INGEGNERI we hope of to find!

regards, suanj
Hi Suanj,

I understood what you were stating in a previous post. However, as we say here in America, all I'm doing is "throwing in my two cents" about what might be clues to help the postee find their family.

Hope you are well.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

yes Trish, thinking my english no very well, just so...
take care, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
lag031
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lag031 »

brujaojos, thanks for your help, but the ellis island arrival would not be my grandfather, Giovanni (john) was a bruno not an ingeneri, lilla was the ingeneri. i could see how this can get really confusing, if you didnt have at least a birth date to go on. i know how popular the bruno name is and i feel im going to be in for an ordeal in locating him since i dont even know what city or town he was from other than sicily. my fathers youngest brother is still alive im going to try to get some information from him, or my fathers oldest brothers wife. why did we have such a common name? thanks for any and all help lillian
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

lag031 wrote:brujaojos, thanks for your help, but the ellis island arrival would not be my grandfather, Giovanni (john) was a bruno not an ingeneri, lilla was the ingeneri. i could see how this can get really confusing, if you didnt have at least a birth date to go on. i know how popular the bruno name is and i feel im going to be in for an ordeal in locating him since i dont even know what city or town he was from other than sicily. my fathers youngest brother is still alive im going to try to get some information from him, or my fathers oldest brothers wife. why did we have such a common name? thanks for any and all help lillian
Dear Lillian,

I was not confused by your post. The Giovanni Ingenieri that I posted was just a listing to show you of other Ingenieri's coming to the USA from the town of Taormina. It does not necessarily mean that is a relative to you, however, one never knows.

You have to remember, women were not Naturalized until after 1922 so you might to find information on a "brother" of your Lilla in order to find where she is from.

By any chance was Giovanni Bruno and Lilla Ingenieri married in the USA? If so, do you have their Marriage Application? The Application could list the town. Also, do you have the Church they were married in? Or do you know the Church that one of their children was Baptized in? The Church could have a notation on the side of where the family is from. I find that many Italian, Polish, and German Churches write notations on their documents.

Did Giovanni Bruno die in the USA? If so, when? If he died here, there you can try to write for his Social Security Application.

The other thing was that you mentioned in your first post the town of "Taormina". I posted that the Family History Center has microfilm for that town. Since you have a possible year of birth for Lilla as well as her parents names, it doesn't hurt to order the film (approximate cost - $3.50) and check out the Birth Acts for her. You could find her Birth Act. If not, you then know she is not from that town and you have to search for more clues.

When doing genealogy, you have to look at all the avenues. You have to remember, I do this on a professional bases every day of the week, so that's why I suggested looking at other options with your research.

Have a good one.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

dear lillian, I think that the advices of Trish are very helpful for you ...i no found nobody Lilla Ingegneri or Candeloro or Rosa( nee Donato); are some John Bruno in MASS., but nobody married to an Lilla.. so is possible that Lilla was an diminutive.... the first and helpful thing, is to search the marriage act of john and Lilla, as Trish saying... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH