Help with Birth Record from 1810

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Help with Birth Record from 1810

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

I think I have found the birth record of my great-great-grandfather, Giovanni Annelli. He was born in Noja. He was married to Santa (?) Defino and had a daughter, Maria Giovanna Anelli Sciancalepore. I thought he was born in 1914, but found a Giovanni Annelli listed in the index of the 1810 birth records. If someone can please translate with as much detail as possible, this would maybe give me the names and ages of his parents.

The link to the index is (Giovanni Annelli is #244):

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 4.jpg.html

The link to the record is:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you so much. If this is the record, I am so excited to put this on my tree!

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help with Birth Record from 1810

Post by liviomoreno »

On day 25 Nov 1810 in the awn hall appeared Alberto Annelli, age 33, mule driver, son of the deceased Pasquale who presented a male baby born the day 24 to his wife Vittoria So?io daughter of Filippo, tha baby was given the name Giovanni Vito
The foot note (writetn on 5 Dec 1870) says that on 9 October 1870 Giovanni Vito Anelli, son of the deceased Alberto, married Felicia Tedone, daughter of deceased Cleto
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:On day 25 Nov 1810 in the awn hall appeared Alberto Annelli, age 33, mule driver, son of the deceased Pasquale who presented a male baby born the day 24 to his wife Vittoria So?io daughter of Filippo, tha baby was given the name Giovanni Vito
The foot note (writetn on 5 Dec 1870) says that on 9 October 1870 Giovanni Vito Anelli, son of the deceased Alberto, married Felicia Tedone, daughter of deceased Cleto
I believe Vittoria's surname is Lozio.

Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Erudita, maybe Sozio. (Check the L of Lucia in the act on the right side of the image)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:Erudita, maybe Sozio. (Check the L of Lucia in the act on the right side of the image)

Livio
I think you're correct about Sozio, which is also a current surname in the town.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote: Livio
I think you're correct about Sozio, which is also a current surname in the town.
Erudita
Wow!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

I don't think this is my Giovanni Anelli because I have him married to Santa Defino, not Felicia Tedone. Thank you. I will keep looking.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA