Marcon family - help?!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
renathamarcon

Marcon family - help?!

Post by renathamarcon »

Ciao! My name is Renata and I'm from Brazil.
A few years ago I started searching about my family heritage. My grandparents (already dead) are italian, but I can't find a lot of "Marcon" members there in Italy.
Can you please help me? Is that a common lastname? A cousin told me that it could be Lebanese but I doubt, because like I said, my grandparents come from Italy to Brazil.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Marcon family - help?!

Post by suanj »

In the museo da Imigraçao are:
301 Marcon
Marcon is a very popular surname of Veneto region, Italy.
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Paesana

Re: Marcon family - help?!

Post by Paesana »

My mother's maiden name was Marcon, from the Friuli region, born in San Giorgio de la Richinvelda. Her mother (my grandmother) was Ida Tesan married to Angelo Marcon. Angelo Marcon deserted the family in the 20's and went to Argentina, never to be heard from again. My mother's older brother, Costante (an uncle whom I never met) went to Argentina in the 30's to try and find him, and he also, over time, quit communicating, though his son from a marriage there surfaced in the 70's, named Saulo Marcon (he was one of five siblings). He lived in Buenos Aires / Mar del Plata area and was a mechanic. If still alive he would be, I think, somewhere in his late 60's to early 80's.

I also knew of another Marcon family in our neighbourhood who was of no relation, but who were good family friends as they were from the same region in the old country.

Obviously not of much help I'm sure, but just to give you info that the Marcon name is indeed Italian, and that there were some who did head over to South America. Best of luck on your search!