Saving online IG posts...........

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Saving online IG posts...........

Post by lilbees »

I know this is like closing the barn door after the animals are out but.....

Printing out important posts for your topic can be critical especially when on that rare occasion like with the IG site, there is a crash. If the posts are critical to your research there is nothing like a hard copy to refer back to.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Saving online IG posts...........

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:I know this is like closing the barn door after the animals are out but.....

Printing out important posts for your topic can be critical especially when on that rare occasion like with the IG site, there is a crash. If the posts are critical to your research there is nothing like a hard copy to refer back to.

lilbees

I have to agree with libees. If the research is of extreme importance to you, you should keep a hard copy, or even save the info to a flash drive. It's unfortunate that IG had a hard drive failure, and that a lot of pertinent information from this website was lost in the process, but it happens. So one should always take the necessary precautions to save the data some other way.
Erudita
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Saving online IG posts...........

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Erudita. I have lost so many important things over the years because of crashes and freeze ups. I just learned to do tons of backups and saving important stuff in several places both in hard copy and on external/flash drives.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa