Riccio/Ricci family in Santopadre

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carrieminn

Riccio/Ricci family in Santopadre

Post by carrieminn »

I am looking to find any family that may be/may have been in Santopadre. What I have so far is this: My great grandfather Carlo Riccio born June 11,1887 to Giuseppe Ricci & Lepore Raffaela. The birth certificate says he was born in Santopadre and he came to America in March 1905. I would love to find any siblings he may have had. I would also love to find anymore of his children as my grandfather had lost contact with a few after the passing of his mother when they were seperated. My grandfathers siblings are: Secondina 11/18/1917; Giuseppe (Joseph, my grandfather) 12/18/19; Giuseppina 5/12/21; Raffeala 5/25/23; Regina 11/6/25. All Riccio for last name.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Riccio/Ricci family in Santopadre

Post by Italysearcher »

Civil records in Santopadre start in 1870. The church has records back to 1698 or earlier but the priest won't search for you. He will do certificates if you have a date.
There are no Riccio in Santopadre today but that doesn't mean yours weren't there.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
carrieminn

Post by carrieminn »

Thank you! Found more records and it looks like Roccasecca maybe where he was born (very hard to get information that is 100% accurate I'm finding out)and Ricci is the 2nd top Surname for that area so that may very well be the place.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Getting records from Roccasecca is like pulling teeth unless you have dates as anyone on this board will tell you. The parish records are complete.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
carrieminn

Post by carrieminn »

Ugh, I guess this may take longer than I though! Thanks for the info.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

In Roccasecca both versions of the surname can be found in the parish index. Ricci and Riccio. There are 3 parishes.
Ann Tatangelo
carrieminn

Post by carrieminn »

I have been all over the internet, could you advise how I would be able to locate those parishes? Thank you.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Santa Margherita in the new town, Santissima Annunziata in the old town and the other is in the 'frazione' of Caprile, sorry I don't know its name.
The priest also looks after Colle San Magno and teaches. He is a really nice guy but hasn't a clue about research.
Ann Tatangelo
mpinchera

Post by mpinchera »

Italysearcher,

How do you recommend getting records from Roccasecca if I do have dates? Specifically, my great grandmother, Assunta Maria Ricci (or Maria Assunta Ricci) was born in "Roccasecca, Caprile" Aug. 28, 1883.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You can write to the town including a copy of your photo ID and an addressed envelope. You could also try emailing them.
I have a copy of the baptism index from Caprile and Assunta is not listed. Only one Ricci was baptized in 1883, a Giuseppe.
She could have been baptized in the town parish.
Ann Tatangelo