Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
steff29

Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Post by steff29 »

Hi,

I am looking for information on the the Macari family who came from Casalattico.

My Great Grandpa Luigi Macari married Giuseppa Maria Fusco on 15 June 1911 in Casalattio and they came to Scotland in 1920 to live. He was born roughly in either 1888 or 1889.

We believe that Luigi had two brothers called Antonio (Tony) and Pietro (Peter) however that's all the information which I have as we are struggling to find any records for their birth and the names of his parents!

I'd be grateful for any information which anyone has.

Many thanks,

Stephanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Macari Family - Casalattico to Scotland

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website you best bet is to write for there marriage record that will have the parents names and other information
Family History Library does have film records but only from Registri dello stato civile di Casalattico (Frosinone), 1809-1879.Then once you have the parents names you can request the birth records of Antonio and Pietro Macari which will make it easier with the parents name

Ufficio Anagrafe e Stato Civile
Comune di Casalattico
Largo San Rocco 1
03030 Casalattico FR
Italy

31 MARZO 2013
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di matrimoni di Luigi Macari e Giuseppa Maria Fusco

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di atti di matrimoni di Luigi Macari e Giuseppa Maria Fusco.
Data di matrimonio: 1911
Luogo di matrimonio: Casalattio
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
steff29

Post by steff29 »

Hi Marty,

Thank you so much for your kind reply and for helping me translate my request into Italian. I can't thank you enough.

I've now sent this request off to Italy so fingers crossed they are able to provide a copy of the marriage certificate!

Since I am still researching, I've discovered that Luigi's mother and father may possibly be Antonio Macari and Maria Cristina Macari (nee Macari). I've also discovered that Luigi's brother was called Alfonso or Alfonsus and was known as Peter. He was married to Anotino Macari who died in 1937 here is Scotland and he himself passed away in 1958.

I guess that the next stage is to either the marriage certificate from Italy and then request a copy of Luigi and Alfonso/Alfonus/Peter's birth certificates also? This would then confirm if the parents are correct and I'd also like to know if there were any more children if possible.

Do you know how long this process normally takes?

Thanks once again for all your help,

Stephanie
stuartcapaldi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stuartcapaldi »

Stephanie,

I am interested in the Fusco connection see my website www.capaldi-clan.com

However a quick search in Scotland's People and Ancestry.com I have found the following:-

Alfonso Macari b 1885 married to Antonia Marsella b 1879 d 29 Sep 1937 Cambusnethan.
Alfonso (Peter) d 14 May 1958 2nd wife Jean Clark

Luigi Macari b 25 Nov 1888 Casalaticco
Father Antonio Macari b 29 Dec 1839
Mother Maria Civita Macari b 1841
Stuart Capaldi
ursulamezza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ursulamezza »

Hi Stephanie

Some information I have fits with your family.

Angelantonio (probably shortened to Antonio) Macari born 29 Dec 1839 married Maria Civita Macari, born 11 Nov 1841. Their children were Crescenzo (definitely immigrated to Scotland and 2 of his children were named Pietro and Antonio), Giuseppe, Rocco, Emilia and Luigi, born 25 Nov 1888. Do these sound like the right people? If so, you'll be able to make lots of connections both back in time and to the same family's descendants in Scotland.

Let me know what you think and I'll pass on all the details.

Best wishes

Ursula
steff29

Post by steff29 »

Hello Stuart and Ursula,

Stuart, my Great Grandmother was Guiseppa Maria Fusco who was from Casalvieri in Frosinone - born in 1891, she married Luigi Macari - born in 1889, in 1911 and both came to Scotland shortly afterwards settling in Armadale, then Cambusnethan in Wishaw, Rosyth in Fife and finally Motherwell.

I am aware that Luigi had possibly two brothers, with one possibly dying young. As I don't have access to Luigi's death certificate, I can't confirm what his parents names were. I do have a copy of Peter's (Alfonso) which lists his parents as Anthony Macari and Maria Macari but until I can confirm these were also the parents of Luigi, I'm at a dead end!

Luigi's brother Peter was already here when they came to Scotland. From research so far, I've found out that a Peter Macari (who lived in Wishaw which is where Luigi's brother was last known to reside) was married to Antonia Marcella, in Casalattico on 4 April 1906 and they had (the only child I've found so far) a son called Angelo who was born in 1910 at Lochgelly in Fife.

The name on the birth certificate of the father is Alfonso Macari and on Peter (Alfonso's) death certificate, his name is written as 'Peter Macari' but it's noted that he was formally known as 'Alfonso Macari' This is where the trail goes cold!

I can't prove for definite that Luigi and Peter were brothers and I'd love to know if they had any other siblings either here in Scotland or back in Italy! Looking forward to hearing any information which you both may have. Thank you.

Luigi Macari - DOB 1889, DOD 1968
Guiseppa Maria Fusco - DOB 1891, DOD 1987
*Married in 1911 - Casalattico

Peter (Alfonso) Macari - DOB about 1885, DOD 1958
Antonia Marcella - DOB about 1878, DOD 1937
*Married in 1906 - Casalattico
Son
Angelo Macari - DOB 1910 at Lochgelly, Fife
ursulamezza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ursulamezza »

Hi again

I have one other possibility, a Luigi Antonio Macari born 25 Feb, 1884, which I know is earlier than you think, but quite often people didn't know their exact year of birth, so don't discount it altogether! His father was Antonio Macari, born 13 June 1851, and his mother was Maria Giustina Macari (Giustina often translated to Christina) born 10 May 1853. I also have some siblings, with births from 1875 through to 1889, but no Pietro or Alfonso. It is possible that more children were yet to come...

I reckon your best chance of clarifying the details is a birth certificate from Casalattico, so let us know if/when it arrives and we can take it from there.

Good luck

Ursula
steff29

Post by steff29 »

Hello Ursula,

I have some news....my great grandfather Luigi Macari was indeed born on 24/11/1888 and is the one which you mentioned above!

This afternoon I also received a reply from the anagrafe office in Casalattico and they've said that 'presumably' Luigi three brothers:

Rocco born 12/20/1869
Antonio born 05/15/188
Alfonso born 04/07/1884

However having done other internet research I also found some details of Crescenzo Giuseppe, Rocco, Emilia so I am confused!

Looking forward to hearing from you! Hoping you can help me piece this together!

Steff
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

Hey :)

MACARI is from Italian, French, Spanish or Scottish Origin, they all each have a different Coat of Arms.

The Italian Origin of this family originates from Verona, Veneto (Northern Italy). According to reports from the Zagata, July 26, 1239 Constantine Macari, being part of Guelph, was exiled from Verona, but the same Guelph, in 1393, burned the house of John Francis, of Macari of Bergamo. The Guelph's were factions supporting the Pope and the Holy Roman Emperor, respectively, in central and northern Italy. Spelling variations of this family include: Macari, Macaria, Macarini, Macarini-Carmignani, Macario, Macaro, Macarone, Macaroni, Macaronio, Macarozzi-DeLioni, Macarri, Macarrone, Macaruffi, Macazzola, Macazzoli and many more.

Here is the Italian Macari Coat of Arms:
http://heraldrysinstitute.com/images/stemma.php?id=4519

FUSCO is from Italian Origin and has a Coat of Arms.

First found in Ravenna, a city of Emilia-Romagna (Northern Italy), capital of the province of Ravenna. It dates back to the 2nd century B.C. It came under the dominance of Rome. Augustus made it his fleet port. It fell to the Goths but Justinian sent an army in 535 A.D and restored it to Italy. By the 13th it was independent under the papal states, and generally, except for the French revolution, remained so. It is rich in art, museums, galleries, churches and history. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. Spelling variations of this family name include: Fuschino, Fusconi, Fuschoni, Fuscino, Fusco, and many more.

Here is the Fusco Coat of Arms:
http://images.addoway.com.s3.amazonaws. ... 36e622.jpg

Some history behind their names. Hope this helps you :D <3
ursulamezza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ursulamezza »

Hi Steff

Sent you a PM, but just to say that I'll hopefully have a chance to dig out some info this weekend.

Talk soon.

Ursula
steff29

Post by steff29 »

Hi Ursula,

That's excellent! Much appreciated :)

Looking forward to hearing form you soon,

Stephanie
ursulamezza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ursulamezza »

Hi

Sent you another PM with info.

Drop me a line with your e mail address!

Ursula
toni77

Post by toni77 »

This is likely to be the Luigi Macari you mention. If you can get hold of parish records you may find other siblings who may have died young.
http://www.fortefamilyhistory.com/Famil ... /1735.html

Toni
rossetti1

Post by rossetti1 »

hi I think I no them u can email me on kevinrossetti@hotmail.co.uk
rossetti1

Post by rossetti1 »

steff29 wrote:Hi,

I am looking for information on the the Macari family who came from Casalattico.

My Great Grandpa Luigi Macari married Giuseppa Maria Fusco on 15 June 1911 in Casalattio and they came to Scotland in 1920 to live. He was born roughly in either 1888 or 1889.

We believe that Luigi had two brothers called Antonio (Tony) and Pietro (Peter) however that's all the information which I have as we are struggling to find any records for their birth and the names of his parents!

I'd be grateful for any information which anyone has. yes I think I no tony and peter email me kevinrossetti@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks,

Stephanie