Marco/Marcoguiseppe from Anzi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite

Marco/Marcoguiseppe from Anzi

Post by chrisdamato »

I am looking for information on two of my ancestors, Giovanni Marcoguiseppe, born in 1863 and his son Michael, born in 1890. I'm having trouble finding their birth records from Italy. Any help would be appreciated.
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite

Re: Marco/Marcoguiseppe from Anzi

Post by chrisdamato »

Do libraries now have full world access to Ancestry.com?? Just wondering if I can go search for Marco records there.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

chrisdamato wrote:Do libraries now have full world access to Ancestry.com?? Just wondering if I can go search for Marco records there.
Not sure about ALL public libraries have this access, but certainly, your local Family History Center/Library (LDS Church) has this access.

FYI - I have a world subscription to Ancestry, and I checked Anzi - Unfortunately, birth indexes AND birth records are not there for 1863 (starts with 1866) and 1890 (missing)

You may wish to write directly to the comune of Anzi :-)

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Garibaldi
85010 Anzi (PZ)
Italy

T.
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite

Post by chrisdamato »

I just have all the luck!!! Of course the years I was looking for wouldn't be there! LOL
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

chrisdamato wrote:I just have all the luck!!! Of course the years I was looking for wouldn't be there! LOL
Do you have this possible...Marriage Act for Giovanni?
Age is right :-)

Record #7
Dated 25 February 1886 at 10:10 AM at town office in Anzi
Appearing before the official was
Giovanni Antonio Marcogiuseppe, age 22, peasant farmer, residing in Anzi; son of Michele, and of Carmela Garramone, both residents of Anzi.
AND
Maria Carmela Missanelli, age 18, peasant farmer, residing in Anzi; daughter of "father unknown" and of Rosa Missanelli of Anzi.

Left side of image

Publication of Banns of Marriage
Right side

Birth of a sibling of the above Giovanni Marcogiuseppe...

Record #45
Dated 2 April 1866
Appearing before the official in Anzi was Arcangela Biano, 67, midwife, to present a female child born to Carmela Garramone, 25, resident of Anzi; and to Michele Marcogiuseppe, 30, peasant farmer. The child was born on 1st of April, and was given the name ANGELA MARCOGIUSEPPE

Right side

SURPRISE!!! Found Michele Marcogiuseppe birth in 1890 at familysearch.org

Record #29
Dated 20 march 1890 at 10 AM at the town office in Anzi.
Appearing before the official was
Giovanni Marcogiuseppe, age 26, peasant farmer residing in Anzi, to declare that at 1 PM on the 17th of the current month, at the place at Via Vittorio Emanuele #29, to his wife Maria Missanelli, peasant farmer living with him, was born a male child, who he presented to the official, and to whom was given the name ROCCO MICHELE.

Top left of image

T.
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite

Post by chrisdamato »

WOW!!! This is amazing. His name was actually Rocco, not Michele. Thank you so much for finding this. I don't understand why this record never came up in my search on the FamilySearch website.

I do have the marriage record that you attached first. I just can't find the birth records. Thank you again.

I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you. I may ask you for more information in the future.

Thanks again,

Chris
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

chrisdamato wrote:WOW!!! This is amazing. His name was actually Rocco, not Michele. Thank you so much for finding this. I don't understand why this record never came up in my search on the FamilySearch website.

I do have the marriage record that you attached first. I just can't find the birth records. Thank you again.

I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you. I may ask you for more information in the future.

Thanks again,

Chris
Hi Chris,
Glad to have helped :-)

As for the birth act for Rocco Michele Marcogiuseppe - I found it by going page-by-page through the records for Anzi. Here is the link on familysearch.org

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043547

BONUS! Here is the birth record of Giovanni's wife, Maria Carmela Missanelli in 1867

REcord #37
Dated 20 march 1867 at 5 PM at the town office in Anzi
Appearing before the official was Maria Ruggieri, daughter of deceased Pio, age 38, midwife residing in Anzi, to present a female child born to Rosa Missanelli and unknown father on 20 March at noon at the home of her parents.
The child was given the name Maria Carmela Missanelli
Witnesses to the recording of the act:
Antonio Mocciola, 30, carpenter; and Rocco Garramone, 50, peasant farmer, both residing on Via Vittorio Emanuele in Anzi.

Right side

T.
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite

Post by chrisdamato »

I wonder if the witness to Maria Carmela's birth, Rocco Garramone, was related somehow to Giovanni's mother???
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

chrisdamato wrote:I wonder if the witness to Maria Carmela's birth, Rocco Garramone, was related somehow to Giovanni's mother???
Always a possibility, but you would have to trace the families back to find the "connection" :-)

T.