Researching Silvestri & Iannetti in Brittoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
emancini

Researching Silvestri & Iannetti in Brittoli

Post by emancini »

I am attempting to research my gg grandfather Alessandro Silvestri and gg grandmother Maria Michele Iannetti, both were from Brittoli or surrounding frazioni. I am estimating that they were born somewhere in the 1820's. I wish I had better info but I am trying to find out: when & where they were born, who their parents were, etc. They had a daughter, Giuseppa Silvestri-my ggrandmother, who was born in 1855 in Brittoli. I know who Giuseppa married but I don't know when she died or who her siblings were.
Thank you in advance for any knowledge or information that might be out there.
E. Mancini
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Researching Silvestri & Iannetti in Brittoli

Post by adelfio »

Did they come to the USA? Did Giuseppa marry there? Husband name?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
emancini

Post by emancini »

Hi Marty,
My Great Grandmother Giuseppa (Peppina) married Luigi Pasquale Mancini in Brittoli in the late 1870's-early1880's. Neither she nor her husband Luigi ever came to the USA, nor did her parents Alessandro Silvestri & Maria Michele Iannetti. I'd love to know more about them all including any other children they may have had, when they died, etc.
Elisa
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Microfilms from the Commune of Brittoli are available at Family History Centers (Mormons). You may hire some and check for your ancestors. See:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/16835
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There are civil records of Brittoli online at familysearch.org
Birth record of Luigi Pasquale Mancini
INDEX#40
1844 April 22nd in the town of Civitella Casanova birth of Luigi Pasquale Mancini son of Giovanibattista Mancini age 42 landowner and Canzanilla Lattoco age 40 landowner
Giovanibattista Mancini abt 1802
Canzanilla Lattoco abt 1804
CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Birth record of Giuseppa Silvestri
INDEX#39
1844 Oct 11th in the town of Brittoli birth of Giuseppa Silvestri daughter of Alessandro Silvestri age 36 and Maria Michele Iannetti age 38
Alessandro Silvestri abt 1808
Maria Michele Iannetti abt 1806

familysearch.org
Italy, Pescara, Pescara, ...on (Tribunale), 1865-1910
Pescara
Brittoli
Allegati (vari) 1879-1910
Image page 176 of 2700
PAGE LINK FOR MARRIAGE ALLEGATI THIS THE COVER PAGE JUST GO THROUGH THE PAGES for the records

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1206468906

Marriage Publication of Luigi Pasquale Mancini and Giuseppa Silvestri
1880 April 24th in the town of Brittoli appeared Luigi Pasquale Mancini son of deceased Giovanibattista Mancini and Canzanilla Lattoco resided in town of Civitella Casanova
and Giuseppa Silvestri daughter of Alessandro Silvestri and Maria Michele Iannetti resided in the town of Brittoli

PAGE LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1195965779

Might be able to find Giovanibattista death record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
emancini

Post by emancini »

Once again, thank you Marty. Especially for translating those dates! I have been learning how to interpret the writing style but those extra loops still throw me. I am fortunate that the records from Brittoli were filmed. But do you know whether they have records for the following towns, Grottaminarda, Lapio, or Roccadaspide? Thanks again for your time and effort.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

emancini wrote:Once again, thank you Marty. Especially for translating those dates! I have been learning how to interpret the writing style but those extra loops still throw me. I am fortunate that the records from Brittoli were filmed. But do you know whether they have records for the following towns, Grottaminarda, Lapio, or Roccadaspide? Thanks again for your time and effort.
Grottaminarda, Lapio are on film at your Family History Library you have to order the films online and view them at a center near you home. Roccadaspide records are not yet online or on film you would have to write them for records If you need help just ask

Marty

Marty