Need help with a translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Need help with a translation

Post by gemellua »

I need help translating the following birth record -

Giuseppa Muscarella

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n676419242

The line where her mother's name is written - Cecilia Panzarella - what does it stated after the name?

Thanks!
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Need help with a translation

Post by erudita74 »

gemellua wrote:I need help translating the following birth record -

Giuseppa Muscarella

The line where her mother's name is written - Cecilia Panzarella - what does it stated after the name?

Thanks!
It says "sua legittima moglie seco lui convivente"- which means "his legitimate wife who was cohabiting or living with him"

Erudita
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

Thank you Erudita!

I have another that needs your expertise - I'd can't make out what is written in the margin under Anna Montalbano - I think it is stating that she married Croce or Ciro I .... in 1933 in Termini Imerese?

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

gemellua wrote:Thank you Erudita!

I have another that needs your expertise - I'd can't make out what is written in the margin under Anna Montalbano - I think it is stating that she married Croce or Ciro I .... in 1933 in Termini Imerese?

You're very welcome. I hate to tell you that I am stuck on the notation in the margin, but I am. All I can read is the date and place of the marriage, but not the groom's name. I can't even tell which is the first name and which is his surname. It reads 12.11.1933 (Nov 12, 1933) sposato con (groom's name?) in Sciara. Hopefully one of the other translators on the forum will have a suggestion as to the name.
Erudita
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Surname (the second word) might be Arena (it is currently present in Sciara), but I can't figure out the name. I will think over it.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

PippoM wrote:Surname (the second word) might be Arena (it is currently present in Sciara), but I can't figure out the name. I will think over it.
Pippo

Good suggestion, but I went through the other records for that year and see that the surname in the marriage notations was written first followed by the first name. So I'm not sure you are correct.

Erudita
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

Thank you so much Erudita and Pippo for your help. :D

I first thought it could be Ippolito (written quickly). It's a name familar to my family that is also from Sciara via Carini. Hmm...Arena. I'll have to look at the content lists to see if I can trace the line back. Man-it's too bad we can't accept the 1933 records, this would make life easier! :wink:
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

gemellua wrote:Thank you so much Erudita and Pippo for your help. :D

I first thought it could be Ippolito (written quickly). It's a name familar to my family that is also from Sciara via Carini. Hmm...Arena. I'll have to look at the content lists to see if I can trace the line back. Man-it's too bad we can't accept the 1933 records, this would make life easier! :wink:
Definitely not Ippolito. I am sending you a private message.

Erudita