Masci family - Villamagna

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
daizi

Masci family - Villamagna

Post by daizi »

Hi all

Is my 1st posting, i am trying to find some info on the name MASCI, i have Sivino /Silvano born 1909
Silvano married a Maldina Scoppetta, and had many children, in Villamagna , Chieti, Abruzzo , 1 of which was born 1933 and emmigrated to Australia in 1952

Any ideas.....

Daizi
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Masci family - Villamagna

Post by misbris »

daizi

Post by daizi »

Hi misbris

Thanks for that, i have seen those sites, although i dont know any of the family in Italy as yet, only got the names of parents from Immragtion papers, was wondering how to go back further, is there some where i can look up B D M s as i know Silvano and Maldina married, just not sure when, or what other children they had etc

Daizi
Gsmdan

Post by Gsmdan »

Hello I have information regarding this. Where are you and what is your name??
Gsmdan

Post by Gsmdan »

This is my family.
daizi

Post by daizi »

OMG Gsmdam sorry didnt get earlier replys, i am in Australia and hoping you can help me please x
Gsmdan

Post by Gsmdan »

Yes I can help you with information why is it you need it? This person you are talking about is my grandfather. I am also in Australia. You can email me at daniel@mascico.com.au and we can talk over the phone.
daizi

Post by daizi »

HI Daniel, i was hopeing for info of back in italy, before they came to Australia, do you have any of that ? :) I have a bit am stuck at themoment
Gsmdan

Post by Gsmdan »

Yes I have some information with the names towns etc of the family.
We are still in touch with them now. I am curious as to what you are after and why? Happy to help
daizi

Post by daizi »

Will send you an email, sorry i have been busy, if you dont get it , it may go to your junk folder :)
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

MASCI is from Italian Origin and has a Coat of Arms.

First found in Piedmont, a territorial division of northern Italy at the foot of the Alps consisting of the provinces of Alessandria, Cuneo, Novara and Turin. Later Aosta and Vercelli were added and still later, Asti. History is related back to 49 B.C. The house of Savoy rose in 1000 A.D. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.Spelling variations of this family name include: Masciarelli, Mascarello, Mascarelli, Mascelli, Masciarello, Mascello, Mascherel and many more.

Here is the Masci Coat of Arms:
http://www.historicalnames.com/HONLoade ... sci_IT.jpg
daizi

Post by daizi »

WOW , MarcoG

Thanks for that additional info , i am finding this family so fascinating

Daizi