Gizzi and Baldassarra Familys + More

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MarcoG

Gizzi and Baldassarra Familys + More

Post by MarcoG »

Ciao :D

I'm new here on here i dont really know like the age bracket of people on here but im 20 years old. Im just wondering if anybody knows anything about these familys, like coat of arms, famous history facts, roots..etc

I searched a bunch of stuff online about each names and pretty much only found out things about the Gizzi name (my fathers last name) like it has a Coat of Arms, Cardinal Tommaso Pasquale Gizzi, and its a variation of the name Guzzo which was originated in Catania, Sicily.

Baldassarra (my mothers last name) i barely found anything but a Coat of Arms that i can barely see because its so small and the site wants me to basically pay for it, i found very little information about this last name. I also was researching and found that it originated in Ferrara, Emilia-Romagna.

I live and was born in Toronto, Canada and both of my parents were too. My whole family is Italian, my grandparents on both sides were actually all born and raised in Frosinone, Lazio (Sora) and same for their parents and their parents' parents..etc

I also have other last names that i found out are in me as well from talking to my parents, i know theres way more names in me but this what i found out so far. I'll list them here:

Palleschi (my dad's mother's last name)
Savona (my mom's mother's last name)
Corsetti (my dad's father's mother's last name)
Luongo (my mom's father's mother's last name)
DeSantis (my dad's mother's, mother's last name)
Castellucci (my mom's mother's, mother's last name
Mattacchione (my dad's mother's, mother's, mother's last name)

I'd also love to find relatives that have ANY of these last names of mine or if anybody knows ANYTHING about these names please share. Would be cool i think. :) So if you know anything please leave a message. Thank you 8)
MarcoG

Re: Gizzi and Baldassarra Familys + More

Post by MarcoG »

Also my nonno Pio Gizzi (my dad's father) was born in Ceccano, Lazio, and my other nonno Domenic Baldassarra (my mom's father) was born in San Rocco, Lazio. My other 2 nonna's (their wives) Emma Gizzi-Palleschi and Loretta Baldassarra-Savona were born in Sora, Lazio.
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

Gizzi-Italy.jpg
Here is the Gizzi Coat of Arms I found it also comes in different styles, meaning the way everything is stylized like the helmet and the "ribbon-like" design, but same colors and symbols. It would also be great if anybody could tell me what the colors and symbols actually represent, like the dog with the 2 trees and the golden eagle. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

MarcoG wrote:Also my nonno Pio Gizzi (my dad's father) was born in Ceccano, Lazio.
sorry i ment my nonno Pio was born in Ceprano, Lazio not Ceccano
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I live in Sora and there is a Register of the Population that would tell you lots about the family. It is not available on line and neither is the 1921 census by family.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
MarcoG

Post by MarcoG »

Hi Ann, thanks for commenting :)

My dad told me something like that but its in Italy, i want to go so bad hopefully one day i actually go. Looks like i have to visit to find out the most i can.
Michael Gizzi

Post by Michael Gizzi »

Hello, I am Michael Gizzi, I am in my 70's and have been trying to trace my Gizzi ancestors,for the past 40+ years, I have only got back as far as my great grandfather, Nunziato Gizzi who was married to Maria Grilli in about 1860, their eldest child was Loreta Gizzi, who married Carmeno Gizzi, [so she didn't change her surname] she married her cousin, she was born in San Giuseppe in Italy in 1863, but got married to Carmeno in Bristol England in 1883, Nunziato and Maria went on to have seven more children, my grandfather Antonio Gizzi was born in Birmingham England in 1877, [but there is no birth record to congirm this].
my Gizzi family came from Villa Latina in Italy, and that is as much as I know, I can supply the other names in the family if you are interested, let me know.
all the best for now.
Mike Gizzi
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The parish records of both Picinisco (San Giuseppe) and Villa Latina have very detailed records going back to 1500's in Picinisco and 1700's in Villa Latina. The civil records often also register births in England.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ElusiveItalian

Post by ElusiveItalian »

Michael Gizzi wrote:Hello, I am Michael Gizzi, I am in my 70's and have been trying to trace my Gizzi ancestors,for the past 40+ years, I have only got back as far as my great grandfather, Nunziato Gizzi who was married to Maria Grilli in about 1860, their eldest child was Loreta Gizzi, who married Carmeno Gizzi, [so she didn't change her surname] she married her cousin, she was born in San Giuseppe in Italy in 1863, but got married to Carmeno in Bristol England in 1883, Nunziato and Maria went on to have seven more children, my grandfather Antonio Gizzi was born in Birmingham England in 1877, [but there is no birth record to congirm this].
my Gizzi family came from Villa Latina in Italy, and that is as much as I know, I can supply the other names in the family if you are interested, let me know.
all the best for now.
Mike Gizzi
Hello Michael
My GGGrandfather is also Nunziato Gizzi, married to Maria. My GGrandfather married Giacinta Gizzi -his name was Francisco Cruciani. My Grandfather was Alberto Cruciani and my father is living (also in his 70's!) Perhaps we can compare notes as I've been searching for ages too. My line of the family has some interesting twists & turns...
cheers
Diane
ElusiveItalian

Post by ElusiveItalian »

My GG Grandfather is Nunziato Gizzi, married to Maria. Their daughter Giacinta is my G Grandmother who married Francisco Cruciani. Their son Alberto Cruciani is my Grandfather. Giacinta married again after Francisco disappeared after perhaps 3 years of marriage. I haven't been able to trace him since, although I suspect that he went to the USA. Giacinta remarried in 1909 to Alberto Tognocchi who 'adopted' my grandfather and his sister Eda and so their names changed to Tognocchi and Giacinta had two (or possibly more) children with Alberto Tognocchi. They lived in Bournemouth, England and many family members moved to the USA (New Jersey)
Any information on GIZZI, CRUCIANI or TOGNOCCHI families would be appreciated. I am happy to share the records I have.
MIKE G

Post by MIKE G »

HI
Just a quick note a few years ago when i looked into the gizzi name i traced the british lines back to picisina , lazio , in italy . There is a website for a local civic society which has a lot of data on all the many families who emigrated from that area in the 19 century the society is run by a guy who works for the eu but as yet i cannot remember the web address . Also i found that a lot of tracing was done by two ladies from the north wales area , i think they used the prominent search sites so thier blog and posts would still be on them .

Sorry i cannot be more specific but if my memory clears i will re post
Regard
ElusiveItalian

Post by ElusiveItalian »

Thanks Mike - I appreciate your help! Will let you know what I find
Diane
MIKE G

Post by MIKE G »

hI

The website you want is www .comune picinisco fr..it The main man is Michel Vacca he was interested in bringing the family trees up to date for all of the many family that left that area in the 19 century . Off the top of my head all the gizzi in england are descendents of michael angelo gizzi and his wife niko lina or his cousin and i think the american gizzi are from this village also. Mr Vacca has a tree for gizzi that dates back to 1600

If i can find my records will post again

m
ElusiveItalian

Post by ElusiveItalian »

Thanks again Mike, same goes for me - if I discover anything I will post
Diane
susie

Post by susie »

My grandmother Ethel Annie White from Bournemouth,u.k., married Albert Tognocci. He was previously married to Giacinta Gizzi. I have been reading your posts and have a bit more information. Ethel and Albert had seven children, 4 girls and 3 boys. Giacinta had a father called Nunziato, don't know his wife's name. Albert had a father called Archangelo, and his father was John Cruciani. Would like to hear from any relatives.