San Benigno Canavese (Torino)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Peggy_ICT

San Benigno Canavese (Torino)

Post by Peggy_ICT »

Can anyone tell me how I can locate cemetaries in San Benigno Canavese? I know my great-grandparents were born there, and I'm guessing that their parents died there, but I have no idea when or where they (my great-great GP's)died.

Thanks,
Peggy in Kansas
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: San Benigno Canavese (Torino)

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Heres something for you to read
http://www.obit-mag.com/articles/you-as ... lian-style

Do you have civil records of them from San Benigno Canavese?
Do you know the church they used?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

Hi.
I live in the area and I can assure you there's only one cemetery in San Benigno Canavese:
CIMITERO COMUNALE
Via Chivasso
10080 San Benigno Canavese (TO)

Also, the church your ggparents could have used was certainly the catholic one, the only existing there at that time. Here's the address:
PARROCCHIA S. MARIA ASSUNTA
Piazza Cardinale Delle Lanze, 1

Finally, I agree with what Adelfio suggested through the link he gave: nothing is impossible, but (too?) many years have passed in order to easily locate their graves.
In my opinion, it would be better to start looking for them in San Benigno's Church or Civil records, if you have clues they really lived there.

Hope this helps.
Ciao,
Maurizio
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Maurizio wrote:Hi.
I live in the area and I can assure you there's only one cemetery in San Benigno Canavese:
CIMITERO COMUNALE
Via Chivasso

Also, the church your ggparents could have used was certainly the catholic one, the only existing there at that time. Here's the address:
PARROCCHIA S. MARIA ASSUNTA
Piazza Cardinale Delle Lanze, 1

Finally, I agree with what Adelfio suggested through the link he gave: nothing is impossible, but (too?) many years have passed in order to easily locate their graves.
In my opinion, it would be better to start looking for them in San Benigno's Church or Civil records, if you have clues they really lived there.

Hope this helps.
Ciao,
Maurizio
Hi Maurizio great info!!
There are film records from Family History Library for Registri ecclesiastici di San Benigno Canavese (Torino), 1674-1899 Chiesa cattolica. Parrocchia di San Benigno Canavese (Torino) Baptisms, marriages, deaths.
With these records if you family stayed in that area you could get info back to 1674

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Peggy_ICT

Post by Peggy_ICT »

Thanks everyone! I sincerely appreciate your help.

Peggy
Peggy_ICT

Post by Peggy_ICT »

Dear Maurizio,

This is a follow-up on the information your gave me for addresses of the cemetery and Catholic Church in San Benigno Canavese. I sent letters in mid May and yesterday I received an email from the cemetery with 3 photos of grave markers for the family plot! The grave markers included photos for most of the family members, as well as clear dates of birth & death.

Thank you so very much for your help. I just wanted you to know how truly helpful you have been.

Peggy in Kansas
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

Wonderful, I'm happy for you. Let me know if there's something I can try and do in order to help your research.
Ciao,
Maurizio
Peggy_ICT

Post by Peggy_ICT »

Maurizio,
Well now I have some sad news. Yesterday I received an email from Piazza Vittoria Emanule II n. 9 Commune di San Benigno Canavese, from a woman named Teresa Sacco. She said that I will not be receiving addtional information from that office for my genealogy research, because of some law that passed in 2005 - if Google translate was correct in it's translation. Now I'm stuck. I received photos from the cemetery which show partial dates of the death of some people, because of floral arrangements. But it's not just those dates that I want, I want more family members and information. Any other suggestions? ~ Peggy
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

PM sent