Vinchiaturo and Dogliola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jsmith

Vinchiaturo and Dogliola

Post by jsmith »

Looking for info on great granparents from Vinchiaturo and Dogliola. A while back you folks had given me information on my great granparents. Evidentally, your system crashed and I have lost all the information you gave. Domenico Petrose B.1877 Dogliola, Italy D.1958 Omaha, Ne.
Carmela Baratta B.1883 Vinchiaturo,Italy D.1964 Omaha, NE. They had 6 children Theresa, Helen, Mary, Gialand (Julia), Francis and Anton. My Great grandmother came from Vinchiaturo with her Mother Maria Petrosilli(Baratta) and two sisters Domenica and Asunta. When they arrived they went to Omaha, Nebraska to stay with my great grandmothers brother Giusippe(Joe) Baratta. The links you gave me before were census records, draft records on both my great grand father Domenico Petrose and my great uncle Giusippe Baratta. Any way i could get those records again?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Vinchiaturo and Dogliola

Post by adelfio »

Great grand father Domenico Petrose draft record
CLICK ON RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Giuseppe Baratta draft record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jsmith

Post by jsmith »

I have been searching all over for my great grandfather Dominic Petrose's Naturalization records. The state of Nebraska or Douglas County does not have them. I also checked with the state of New York as he was there for a while. Any tips on where I try now. The census records in 1930 show he was Naturalized in I believe 1908.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

jsmith wrote:Looking for info on great granparents from Vinchiaturo and Dogliola. A while back you folks had given me information on my great granparents. Evidentally, your system crashed and I have lost all the information you gave. Domenico Petrose B.1877 Dogliola, Italy D.1958 Omaha, Ne.
Carmela Baratta B.1883 Vinchiaturo,Italy D.1964 Omaha, NE. They had 6 children Theresa, Helen, Mary, Gialand (Julia), Francis and Anton. My Great grandmother came from Vinchiaturo with her Mother Maria Petrosilli(Baratta) and two sisters Domenica and Asunta. When they arrived they went to Omaha, Nebraska to stay with my great grandmothers brother Giusippe(Joe) Baratta. The links you gave me before were census records, draft records on both my great grand father Domenico Petrose and my great uncle Giusippe Baratta. Any way i could get those records again?

Link to 1920 Census record for Petrose (Baratta family right above them on the form)
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MCK9-489#

Could Domenico's name have been shortened/americanized to Petrose? Maybe from Petrosi/Petrosillo?
Link to immigration listing for Domenico? 1920 Census states immigration year as 1897. POSSIBILITY??? Domenico Petrosillo with correct age... :-)
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KD4L-92T

ANOTHER POSSIBILITY???

Arrival of Domenico Petrosi in 1894... place of residence Dogliola.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KD4L-9TM

AS for where to look for naturalization record...
Found ANOTHER arrival for a DOMENICO PETROSI from Dogliola, age 22 in 1899 (right age)
He was going to join his brother in Elmira, NY, and had been in the USA before in 1895-98 :-)
Elmira is in Chemung county... Maybe the beginnings of naturalization there?

New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Domenico Petrusi
Name: Domenico Petrusi
[Domenico Petrosi]
Arrival Date: 10 May 1899
Birth Date: abt 1877
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian
Port of Departure: Rotterdam
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Amsterdam

IMAGE... line 10
Click once to enlarge and again to magnify

T.
jsmith

Post by jsmith »

It was Maria (Petrosi/Petrosillo) Baratta which was Carmela (Baratta)Petrose's mother, Carmela was Domenico's wife. I have checked with the state of new york as well for a record of Domenico's Naturalization records and they stated they had nothing on him as well. Any other suggestions on where I could find them? Also, has anyone ever heard of a flood in Dogliola, Italy. The stories I've heard was that my great grandfather Domenico Petrose lost family in a flood in Italy and didnt like to talk about it. So we dont have much info on his side of the family
jsmith

Post by jsmith »

Would there be any way of me getting more information on the brother that he went to stay with in New York? I have not been able to find any information on Domenico's side.