Birth cirtificate help, Please.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
lukeric

Birth cirtificate help, Please.

Post by lukeric »

Hi My name is Lisa, and i an looking to attain my grandfathers birth certificate from italy.
Any help would be greaty appreciated.

My brother is currently living in Brescia, and has had a friend contact the commune to try to attain the certificate with no luck, what i got through translation was that the request had to come from Australia, by my father(where he lives)

I am very confused by all the requirements.

So can anyone tell me if it is possible for my brother to get a copy direct from the commune, of does my Father have to write a letter to attain it.

The commune is Lozza, Varese.

I have found a few sample letters on this site if i must write away such as http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

Also is a site like this worth a try http://www.homeonline.it/certificato_es ... di_nascita

Is there any fees for requesting Birth cirtificate by post?

Thankyou so much for your help.
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Re: Birth cirtificate help, Please.

Post by Drew927 »

Hello Lisa,
You should mail a request to the commune directly and request a copy of his birth record. There should be no fee involved. You can also check the towns website for an email address, this sometimes works although I had no success with that. I had to send snail mail requests for all of my documents. I will try to find a copy of my birth certificate request that you may use as a template.
I received both grandparents birth records as well as their marriage record by myself with just a letter asking for it.
Drew
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

Lisa,
Try this template:

[your name]
United States

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di [ ]
[address]
Italia

Egregi Signori,

Il mio nome e` [ your name]. Sono un cittadino americano discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ottenere anche la cittadinanza italiana.

Per questo richiedo, cortesemente, il Vostro aiuto, poiche` mi necessita l’estratto dell’atto di nascita, in formato internazionale, di mio bisnonno [his name]. Egli nacque il [ date of birth] a [ name of comune] da [his father] e da [ his mother].

Poiche` io necessito di questo documento per formalizzare la mia richiesta di cittadinanza italiana, e` molto importante che il suddetto certificato riporti i nomi di entrambi i genitori.

I documenti andranno inviati al seguente indrizzo:

[your name and address]
United States

La mia e-mail: [ email address]

Se ci saranno delle spese da sostenere Vi prego di comunicarmelo e sara` mia cura inviarvi quanto dovuto a stretto giro di posta. Se Vi e` possible Vi prego di inviare i documenti dentro la busta allegata che e` gia intestata a me`.

Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la Vostra cortese attenzione ed il Vostro aiuto.

Cordiali Saluti,

[ your name]
dalemma

Post by dalemma »

I think thats the same, or awfully similar, template that I used. I faxed mine in. Had the certificate in 2 weeks, faster than most states got them to me!
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by KarenChristino »

Lisa,

Sometimes you need to follow-up with them. If you don't hear back within a reasonable amount of time, I would send another request and mention that it's your second request. You might also have your brother call them as a next step.

Karen C.
Smurphy1

Post by Smurphy1 »

thank you so much! The template was just what I was looking for! I have handwritten document where my 2X GG listed his birthday and birth place in Rome. I was just having trouble getting the wording right.
cochampi

Post by cochampi »

When faxed, how did you send them money to ship your documents to you?