Valenti Nobile Solce Pignalitti in Bivona Agrigento Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gypsyg

Valenti Nobile Solce Pignalitti in Bivona Agrigento Sicily

Post by Gypsyg »

I am researching Valenti, Nobile, Solce & Pignalitti in/around Bivona, Agrigento, Sicily.

My Great Grandparents Francesco/Frank Valenti & Vitina/Vita Nobile Valenti, & Giuseppe/Joseph Solce & Dominica/Dora Pignalitti Solce.

My Grandparents Paul Valenti & Elisabetta/Elizabeth Solce Valenti

I've been researching on Ancestry, Family History & other sites & have come up to my brick wall :(

I'm still going through records on Family History site, as there are way too many that haven't been translated yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Gina
Gina
Researching Roseti Macrino Gatto Guidi /Cassano Allo Ionio Cosenza Calabria
Valenti Nobile Cammarata Spatoro Colombo Cutro Ciccone Panepinto Ciccarello Bellomo Solce Pignalitti / Bivona Agrigento Sicily
Nobile Nobile Camilleri Augugliaro /Trapani
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Valenti Nobile Solce Pignalitti in Bivona Agrigento Sici

Post by adelfio »

Gypsyg wrote:I am researching Valenti, Nobile, Solce & Pignalitti in/around Bivona, Agrigento, Sicily.

My Great Grandparents Francesco/Frank Valenti & Vitina/Vita Nobile Valenti, & Giuseppe/Joseph Solce & Dominica/Dora Pignalitti Solce.

I've been researching on Ancestry, Family History & other sites & have come up to my brick wall :(

I'm still going through records on Family History site, as there are way too many that haven't been translated yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Gina
Saw your public tree on ancestry.com
Little help for you I will look for more info
Paolo Valenti was born in 1890 May 22 in Bivona
CLICK FOR IMAGE KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE IMAGE

BIRTH RECORD OF VITA NOBILE CAMILLERI
1871 JUNE 1ST in BIVONA
CLICK FOR IMAGE KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE IMAGE PG 1

CLICK FOR IMAGE KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE IMAGE PG 2

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Francesco Valenti and Vita Camilleri Nobile
INDEX 19
1888 August 31
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1588608558

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

adelfio wrote:Marriage of Francesco Valenti and Vita Camilleri Nobile
INDEX 19
1888 August 31
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1588608558

Marty
INFO CRISTINA CAMMARATA

Maria Cristina Cammarata, "Italy, Marriages, 1809-1900"
Husband Name: Paolo Valenti
Birth Date: 1821
Birthplace: Bivona, Agrigento, Italy
Spouse's Name: Maria Cristina Cammarata
Spouse's Birth Date: 1834
Spouse's Birthplace: Bivona, Agrigento, Italy
Spouse's Age: 15
Event Date: 18 Jun 1849
Event Place: Bivona, Agrigento, Italy
Father's Name: Carmelo Valenti
Mother's Name: Caterina Panepinto
Spouse's Father's Name: Salvatore
Spouse's Mother's Name: Onofria Canzoneri
Race:
Marital Status:
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Race:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M74015-7
System Origin: Italy-EASy
GS Film number: 1466327

Marty

Marty
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

OMG, I can't believe you found ALL of this. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! I don't know how you did it in such a short amount of time!!!

I am not sure (for Vita's) what the "Camilleri" is, a Middle or Last name??

I am going to have to verify some of this, hopefully my older cousins may know. The ONLY thing that is troubling me on the birth record is why is Vita's mother listed as "woman chose not to be named". & on the marriage certificate as "Mother Unknown". That makes me a little sad, NOT knowing... Any ideas on this??

Thank you, Gina
Gina
Valenti Nobile Cammarata Spatoro Colombo Cutro Ciccone Panepinto Ciccarello Bellomo Solce Pignalitti / Bivona Agrigento Sicily
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

At the time of the wedding it says del fu Gioachino which means her father was deceased at the time of the wedding so I would try to find his death record 1871- 1888 he should give his father and mothers names and maybe other info
Its tough with madre ignoto (mother unknown to find mothers name especially when it is on 2 records

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Gypsyg wrote:I am researching Valenti, Nobile, Solce & Pignalitti in/around Bivona, Agrigento, Sicily.

Thank you, Gina
I think your Grandmothers family Salce/Solce and Pignalitti are possibly from Tocco da Casauria is a town in the Province of Pescara in the Abruzzo region of Italy could that be right area
Those records are online but they have to be view at a Family History Library center on their computers next time Im there are will give a look at the records of Tocco da Casauria

Marty

Marty

Marty
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

I just do not understand why the mother wouldn't want to be listed on the Birth Record. Alot of things are going through my mind, none of which are good.

Again....WOW, You are REALLY good at this. I had forgotten my Grandmothers' family were from Abruzzo.
Gina
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Gypsyg wrote:OMG, I can't believe you found ALL of this. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! I don't know how you did it in such a short amount of time!!!

I am not sure (for Vita's) what the "Camilleri" is, a Middle or Last name??

I am going to have to verify some of this, hopefully my older cousins may know. The ONLY thing that is troubling me on the birth record is why is Vita's mother listed as "woman chose not to be named". & on the marriage certificate as "Mother Unknown". That makes me a little sad, NOT knowing... Any ideas on this??

Thank you, Gina
Vita = Given name
Nobile Camilleri = Surname
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

Hi Livio,

I am Gigi from the Gente di Mare site.

That's what I thought had been meant, but we were never told about the "Camilleri". Even a passenger list from Ellis Island website lists the last name as just "Nobile". Actually, we were told her name was "Vitina Nobile". would you have any idea why the Mother didn't want to be listed??

Thanks, Gina
Gina
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Gina, there's no way to know why the mother did not want to appear. Maybe she was already married to someone else. Who knows?!?
A brother of one of my ancestors worked in a different city from where he lived and he had several children with different women and he declared to the Civil State Officer that they all were born to his legitimate wife.
I was able to know the truth and the names of the biological mothers just because he kept a detailed diary!
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

Thank you, I guess I'll probably never find out.

I asked my cousin & she said this Vita is not my Great Grandmother (her Grandmother).
She said, "Mama's maiden name was Nobile and I know she had 1 sister and her mother was a widdow at a early age. That is why her mother married her off at 13/14 years old."

I don't know if that is true, I just find it extremely odd that the dates of birth match up with the names Francesco & Vita. I'll just have to keep searching through the records, in case this one is wrong. If I don't find anything else, this is the one I'm going with.

Gina
Gina
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Gypsyg wrote:Thank you, I guess I'll probably never find out.

I asked my cousin & she said this Vita is not my Great Grandmother (her Grandmother).
She said, "Mama's maiden name was Nobile and I know she had 1 sister and her mother was a widdow at a early age. That is why her mother married her off at 13/14 years old."

I don't know if that is true, I just find it extremely odd that the dates of birth match up with the names Francesco & Vita. I'll just have to keep searching through the records, in case this one is wrong. If I don't find anything else, this is the one I'm going with.

Gina
You have Paolo Valenti born in 1890 May 22 in Bivona birth act which matches up I think when she came over she was listed with that name with the kids leaving her brother inlaw in Bivona Carmelo Valenti going to see Francesco Valenti her husband on pg 2 check it out line 8-11 on the shipmanifest you have the right records Gina of your family I think your cousin is wrong have her look at all these records
CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE PG1

CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE PG 2

Marty

Marty
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

Marty,

Personally, I think you're right. Although, I can't image why she doesn't say/accept this. There are just too many facts that add up. Although on the ship manifest, they have Francesco at age 16, & in 1913 he would have only been 8 years old, at least that is what I found (on another ships manifest. I'm don't remember where I got his birth date from.

Gina
Gina