Online records for the city of Napoli?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jessicarucco
Rookie
Rookie

Online records for the city of Napoli?

Post by jessicarucco »

For the last year I have been trying to locate a birth record for my GGF, Antonio Rucco. All of his documents, including work ID stated that he was born in the city of Naples. In the last year I have e-mailed and written to the Napoli comune 3+ times, and they have acknowledged receiving my request but I have never heard or received anything.

On the ship passenger list, he lists his last place of residence as Postiglione so on a whim I also wrote to that comune a year ago, and have received no response.

I have gone through the LDS records for towns that they have in the Napoli province, but there does not seem to be any records for the actual city of Napoli. Are there any other online databases that would have this info or am I just pretty much out of luck?

He was born on September 20th, 1880 supposedly in the city of Naples. His parents were Francesco Rucco and Rosa Breeuza. He immigrated to the US in 1902. Port of departure was Naples.

If anyone knows of any sites that have online vital records for the city of Naples that would be fabulous.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Online records for the city of Napoli?

Post by suanj »

Hi,
by:
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Antonio Rucco
Name: Antonio Rucco
City: Mutuchen
County: Middlesex
State: New Jersey
Birth Date: 18 Sep 1880
Race: White
was born on 18 and no 20...
the mother maiden name could be Brienza... maybe for this reason the Communes no reply... because the mother maiden name is no right... Breeuza don't exist in Italy..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Napoli birth records is divided into sections according to the area the person was born. If you don't know the section (San Ferdinando, Montecalvario, Chiaia etc) the anagrafe office will not likely bother to search more than one. If they guess wrong, you are out of luck. You might consider hiring a researcher like Joe De Simone who could go there and search all the sections for you.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jessicarucco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jessicarucco »

Hi Suanj - I could definitely be reading his mother's maiden name incorrectly. I've attached a snippet of his marriage record.
Italysearcher - I agree with you that I may need to hire someone to checkout all sections. What's interesting is I'm having a hard time finding ANY Ruccos on the registers. I did the surname search and there are not a ton on the map, the most are in Pugila but there are also some in Naples, and even northern Italy.

Thanks for the replies! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

My guess for mother's surname is Brienza, that would sound the same as "Breenza" (alternative reading)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.