Immigration of Carmine Nardelli

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Immigration of Carmine Nardelli

Post by demari18 »

I have recently found the naturalization document for my husband's uncle Carmine Nardelli. He was born in Marzano Appio, Italy on July 30, 1871 and arrived in New York on April 23, 1892. When I put this information in to Ancestry.com no immigration information came up for him. I'm hoping that someone can help me track down the passenger list for Carmine.
I am interested in finding the immigration information for Carmine hoping that it will help me find the immigration information for his sister, Isabella Nardelli - my husband's grandmother. I'm hoping that she might have used the same route as her brother. Isabella was born in Marzano Appio also in February of 1879 and immigrated to the US in 1896 according to the 1900 US Census.
I did find the immigration information for Carmine and Isabella's mother, Maria, who arrived here in 1910. She came through Boston and did not use her married name Nardelli but her maiden name Cimino.
Thank you for any help you can offer.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Immigration of Carmine Nardelli

Post by PeterTimber »

There is a Carmine Nardilli arriving 1890 from Pacentro in the ellis isand.org website with the NARDILLI spelling and in another website I sasw there is also an ENRICO NARDILLI arriving in 1890. Try www.castlegarden.org for Enrico and ellis island for CARMINE Nardilli since both arrived in 1890 and there was no arrival vfor anybody arfound that time with the Nardelli or Nardilli surname. Read the manifests and see if any of these two are your subject.
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

P.S. It may be if these two are not your subject then its p;ossible he arrived in Boston or some other port. Please let me know. =peter=
~Peter~
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Dear Peter,
Thank you for your help. The March 26, 1900 entry for Carmine Nardelli shows that that person was going to Providence, Rhode Island which would have been correct but he was 10 years older than my Carmine. The Enrico didn't look like a match either.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, maybe helpful...
I found:

First Name: Carmine
Last Name: Mardello (Nardello)
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Italy
Date of Arrival: Apr 20, 1892
Age at Arrival: 21y Gender: M Marital Status:
Ship of Travel: Letimbro
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy via Gibraltar
Manifest Line Number: 0255

going in Providence..
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0255
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

First Name: Isabella
Last Name: Mardella (Nardelli)
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: Mar 09, 1896
Age at Arrival: 18y Gender: F Marital Status:
Ship of Travel: Patria (1882)
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0639

coming from Marzano Appio .. going in Providence...
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0639
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Dear Suanj,
You can't imagine how excited my husband and I are that you found his grandmother Isabella and her brother Carmine!!!!!! I have been searching and searching! You have taught me something which I have not been doing i.e. playing around with the first letter of the surname. I had tried all the different vowels at the end of name. In the fall we will be traveling to Italy to the village of Marzano Appio to see where my husband's family lived. It is so exciting to have heard my husband's mother speak of how her mother arrived here in the United States and now we have the actual record. Thank you again so very much! DeMari
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Happy to help you :D
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH