translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

translation

Post by DonnaH »

Hi I have tried several times to upload what I think might be a birth record for help in translating it. I keep getting an upload error. Any advice from anyone on what I can do short of trying to type the document??

Donna
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: translation

Post by JamesBianco »

Donna I have a huge server, if you email it to me I will host and link it here.
Email: Abolfazal@aol.com

:) Jim
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Donna,

If you are using image shack, check the file size.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Donna, I have uploaded the three images you emailed me to my server.
You can link them directly from here:

Document 1

Document 2

I think the main issue was that they were HUGE and in BMP format. I have reduced the size and converted them to JPG format.

Best of luck!
Jim Bianco
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Donna what need you...? complete translation or only red words?
suanj
document 1 and 3 equals?

-----Emiddio Colarusso age 30 son of Prisco decesead.. Maria Barletta age 30, him legitimate wife----------------and from him Colarusso declarant--------------Felicia Colarusso daughter--------------baptized the same 23 March.... in day same at above---------------
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

SUANJ,

I WOULD LIKE LIKE THE WHOLE DOCUMENTS TRANSLATED THAT WAY WHEN I FIND OTHERS LIKE IT I WILL KNOW WHAT I AM LOOKING AT. I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME. THE UNDERLINED WORDS WERE FOR ME TRYING TO TRANSLATE MYSELF. THE COMPUTER TRANSLATORS ARE NOT REALLY EXACT.

DONNA
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

DOCUMENTS 1 AND 3 ARE THE SAME. SORRY
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

not anymore, I removed the third. You sent me three different emails and I did not look at the images, just uploaded them.

Jim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

DonnaH wrote:SUANJ,

I WOULD LIKE LIKE THE WHOLE DOCUMENTS TRANSLATED THAT WAY WHEN I FIND OTHERS LIKE IT I WILL KNOW WHAT I AM LOOKING AT. I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME. THE UNDERLINED WORDS WERE FOR ME TRYING TO TRANSLATE MYSELF. THE COMPUTER TRANSLATORS ARE NOT REALLY EXACT.

DONNA
the first:
Handwriting: the day 29 July 18.. (1890?) the underwriting married to MAZZARELLA Leonardo.

Number order 40.
The year 1865, the day 23, of (the month of) March, to hours 18.00, in my presence Francesco Petrilli Major and Official of civil records of Pietra di Fusi in Province of Principato Ultra, it is appeared Emiddio COLARUSSO son of Prisco decesead, 30 years old, farmer profession (with rent lands) domicilied in this commune, that present us an female, so that by eyes we recognized it, and he declare that same child is been born from Maria Barletta him wife legitimate, of 30 age, domicilied with husband, and from he Colarusso declaring of age same at above, of profession same at above, domicilied same at above, in indicated day, in month same at above, to hours 16.00 in own house.
Moreover the same person they declared that to give to same(child) the first name of Felicia.
The presentation and of over said declaration, is made in the presence of Nicola IORIO of “Pizzicagnoloâ€Â

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

Suanj,
Thank you so much. just to make sure i understand this.
Felicia Colorusso was born March 23, 1865 to Emiddio Colarusso (father) age 30 and Maria Barletta (mother)age 30. Emiddio's father was Prisco Colarusso who at this time is deceased.
Witnesses were Nicola Iorio (sausage vendor) and Giuseppe Colantuoni (industry profession)
In Italy are the witnesses related somehow to the infant or parent?
I do not understand what the hanwriting at the top is supposed to represent, the married to Mazzarella Leonardo. We do have the surname Mazzarella in our direct line.

donna
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Suanj,
Hi Donna,

Thank you so much. just to make sure i understand this.
ok.

Felicia Colarusso was born March 23, 1865 to Emiddio Colarusso (father) age 30 and Maria Barletta (mother)age 30. Emiddio's father was Prisco Colarusso who at this time is deceased.
Witnesses were Nicola Iorio (sausage vendor) and Giuseppe Colantuoni (industry profession)
Exactly...

In Italy are the witnesses related somehow to the infant or parent?
Normally are only friends, sometime brothers in law(but with different surname of relative's child)

I do not understand what the hanwriting at the top is supposed to represent, the married to Mazzarella Leonardo.
The handwriting in the document's top, is the normal note that are about the marriage/es.. In Italy when are an marriage, the Office worker write the essential data also on birthact of spouses, so in future is possible to access soon to info of person also by birthact. So Felicia was married to Leonardo Mazzarella

We do have the surname Mazzarella in our direct line.
All is possible also that was related as cousins in second and after also married ...also is possible that was another Mazzarella family's branche no related with Colarusso family... sure: Felicia married to Leonardo...

donna
bye suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

Suanj,
I spent hours last night at our family history library. I copied many more birth registrations. In Italy isn't there also a family type registration that gives siblings names??? Also found several documents like document number 2 above. Is that a marriage bann or certificate of marriage.
I am copying everything with our known surnames and hoping they will connect together eventually.
I really do appreciate all the help I have received here.

donna
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

DonnaH wrote:Suanj,
I spent hours last night at our family history library. I copied many more birth registrations. In Italy isn't there also a family type registration that gives siblings names??? Also found several documents like document number 2 above. Is that a marriage bann or certificate of marriage.
I am copying everything with our known surnames and hoping they will connect together eventually.
I really do appreciate all the help I have received here.

donna
Yes Donna I understand... about the search for siblings, some time, some Common already have the "Foglio di Famiglia" ... otherwise the Common must prepare you with an manual search ....

this manual search in birthregistries, in better case, is made by index, in this index by surname is possible to find the probable siblings but is, always, necessary to read the act for to descover if are same parents or no....
Pratically is an manual search, sheet after sheet, to understand ancient handwriting, in some case also in latin, and for this cause, this search have an cost....
about second question, is not an marriage certificate, but is an "pubblicazione" of marriage,; the pubblicazione are some month BEFORE of wedding...pratically the spouse inform the public people, through this document edited in city hall and in church , that they want to marrie, and are all data.... so the exact spelling is "pubblicazione di matrimonio"...
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cefalo2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cefalo2 »

DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

Carm,
I am researching the Barletta's, Pisano's and Mazzarella's from Avellino. Colarusso's seem to be in there also. I noticed on another posting that you are researching Torre de Nocelle. On one of my grandfathers documents who put he was from Torre de Nocelle but on others he put Pietradefusi. I think they are very close. I have not found a record of him yet in the LDS Pietradefusi files. If you come across any Barletta's let me know.
What family lines are you researching??

donna