Dangoia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MRyan

Re: Dangoia

Post by MRyan »

My Grandfather was Gennaro Dangoia. I don't know anything about the Dangoia family other than we have no relatives in the Boston area. Gennaro married Lucia Capalbi in 1926 and brought her to America. My grandmother had Capalbi relatives in New York. I think I may be related.
mardeb

Post by mardeb »

Hi Tiffany,
the names I read in your post sounded very familiar. My grandmother was Julia D'Angoia and all her brothers and sisters had the same names you report. As I know it though her dad was D'angoia and her mom De Lorenzo, but I may be wrong.
My uncle knows a lot more about the history, I will ask him next time I see him.
My mother knows the address where my grandmother lived when she was growing up. I will try to find it and send it to you.
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

Hi Mardeb! That would be great! I'd love to compare notes with you!

Tiffany
Searching for the following surnames: Dangoia, Gioia, Laurenzana, Pignanelli, Olivito, Falbo, Colosimo, Rizzo, Montano.
jdangoia

Post by jdangoia »

My Nono was Vincenzo Dangoia born in 1869 and died in 1942 before I was born. My Nona was Maria Antoinette Lorence born 1879 and died in 1960. They had 7 children and Pasquale was my father. Rosa, Dora, Teresa, Carmen, Lucia, and Rocco. For some reason unknown to me, Rocco changed the name to Dongory. My mothers name was Genevra Lamparelli and I have a brother Vincent and a sister Annette.
Jenfr333

Post by Jenfr333 »

Hi,

I'm a little late to the party. Have you found out anything since? Did you find a connection? Finding anything about this branch of the family is like pulling teeth. I thought when I did my DNA I would get all sorts of hints. Lol, no.
I hope this little bit helps.

Vincenzo Dangoia DOB abt 1874, Basilicata, Italy -1943. Buried 03 Feb 1943 Steger, Will, Ill
Parents Pasquale Dangoia and Maria Carmine Marina

Antonia Laurenzana DOB abt 1877. Immigrated to America 1904.
Parents Francesco Laurenzano DOB ? and Theresa born 1857
Additional Children: Joseph Laurence birth abt 1886, Phillip Laurence (also used Lawrence and Laurenzana) birth abt 1888.

Stay safe,
Jennifer
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Birth record #40 for Vincenzo Dangoia.
Date of registration: August 19, 1870.
Date of birth: August 18, 1870.
Place of birth: Strada di Mezzo (no number given), Cirigliano (Matera).
Father: Paquale, son of deceased Vincenzo, farmer, 33 yo, resident in Cirigliano.
Mother: Maria Carmina Marino, daughter of Luigi, resident in Cirigliano.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Record #12. Marriage Pasquale Dangoia & Maria Carmina Marino on December 27, 1866 in Cirigliano.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱