Help Translating Italian Birth Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Help Translating Italian Birth Records

Post by demari18 »

On Ancestry.com I found 3 birth records for people who I believe are my husband's relatives. As I can only pick out a few words, I am hoping that someone would be willing to help translate the records for me. The records were found in the Caserta record for Teano, Italy. They were all from the year 1899 and were in the Atti di Nascita. First record was on page 8/186 under the name DeTora, Carmina, top right hand side. Second record was on page 39/186 for DeTora, Fortunato on the upper left hand side. Third record was on page 118/186 for Gelsomino, Antonio on the lower right hand side.
Thank you and I am grateful for any help that you can give me. DeMari
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help Translating Italian Birth Records

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#18
1899 Jan 6 in the birth of Carminia De Tora daughter of Sabatino De Tora age 24 farmer and his wife Caterina Martino
Witnesses
Francesco De Tora age 73
Pietro Zanni age 44

INDEX #109
1899 March 2nd birth of Fortunato De Tora son of Andrea De Tora age 50 farmer and his wife Marta Pisano
Witnesses
Giovanni De Nardo age 36
Ignazio De Tora age 50

What 3rd one do you want Antonio De Tora ?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Thank you so much!!! Fortunato DeTora is a brother to my husband grandfather as the parents' names are the same.
The other name was Antonio Gelsomino. Thank you so much - DeMari
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

demari18 wrote:Thank you so much!!! Fortunato DeTora is a brother to my husband grandfather as the parents' names are the same.
The other name was Antonio Gelsomino. Thank you so much - DeMari
INDEX#348
1899 Sept 7th birth of Antonio Gelsomino son of Salvatore Gelsomino age 35 and his wife Sofia DePadova

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty