Ellis Island Manifests

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Ellis Island Manifests

Post by DonnaH »

I have found my grandmother and her parents , siblings on 2 manifests departing a few weeks of each other.
Manifest 1 has them on the Roma but it seems their names have a line thru them. I found them again on the Madonna and I have a certificate of arrival for that boat. What could have happened that would have made them get off the boat before sailing???

donna
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Ellis Island Manifests

Post by mfjp »

Could you tell us what names were on the manifests... sometimes there are numerical markings on the manifests that could give us more info... we would have to see it...

Maybe they got on the Roma... and then found out that it wasn't going to the intended harbor??

Any "in transit" markings on there? ... but their names were crossed off...
so

what if they just got on the wrong boat? :oops:

I've seen a few passengers that have 2 ship records for one trip...
mfjp
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

DonnaH wrote:I have found my grandmother and her parents , siblings on 2 manifests departing a few weeks of each other.
Manifest 1 has them on the Roma but it seems their names have a line thru them. I found them again on the Madonna and I have a certificate of arrival for that boat. What could have happened that would have made them get off the boat before sailing???

donna
===============================
i'm sure there is a logical explanation and i choose this one. in all probablity they never boarded the first ship. they may have been to late. i offer this since i've had a similar experience. my uncle was to sail on ship #1 in august, had a line drawn through the ship manifest and then sailed on ship #2 in september.

good luck, juanminbar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pj01cj02 »

I found my Great Grandfather on the Ellis Island site. It said that he left from Genoa and the last place of residence is S. Conedio. Where is S. Conendio? I can't find it on the maps.
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

pj01cj02 wrote:I found my Great Grandfather on the Ellis Island site. It said that he left from Genoa and the last place of residence is S. Conedio. Where is S. Conendio? I can't find it on the maps.
=============================================

if you post your grandfathers name perhaps one of the researchers could review the document and offer assistance.

ciao
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi Juanminbar, :P

we figured it out here...
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=3455

San Concordio
Region Tuscany
Province Lucca (LU)